intel-gfx.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* Enable GPU clock scaling
@ 2011-07-27  9:31 ario shahbani
From: ario shahbani @ 2011-07-27  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Hi Guys,
 I have:
 Ubuntu 11.04 Update
 Asus 1015px netbook
 Intel Atom n570 CPU
 Intel GMA 3150 GPU
 Due to high power consumption and thermal issues on linux only, I need to know:
 How to enable GPU clock scaling for my graphic chip.
 Other information:
 Temperature of GPU and CPU is 70C on linux. It's 40 on Windows.
 CPU frequency governor is set to powersave but no decrease in temperature.
 KDE Composition desabled. Even brought the system from command line and into recovery consol, no change.
 Thanks and best regards,
 Aario

* Re: Enable GPU clock scaling
@ 2011-07-28  5:24 ario shahbani
From: ario shahbani @ 2011-07-28  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

Can you guys please answer me? This problem make linux a power consuming operating system. Because GPU frequency is always maximum!