intel-gfx.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* [Intel-gfx] CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_OVERALLOC seems to have no effect.
@ 2020-07-06 17:09 Michael T. Kloos
From: Michael T. Kloos @ 2020-07-06 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: intel-gfx

There seems to be a difference in behavior of CONFIG_DRM_FBDEV_OVERALLOC
a.k.a. drm_kms_helper.drm_fbdev_overalloc (cmdline param) between my
NOUVEAU system and my i915 system.  On my NOUVEAU system, specifying
drm_kms_helper.drm_fbdev_overalloc=200 (as opposed to the default of
100) doubles the yres_virtual resolution as reported by fbset or the
ioctl FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO.  However, on my i915 systems, no effect is
observed.  I would be surprised if I've managed to stumble across an
actual kernel bug, but since these features are relatively new, I
figured I'd ask about it.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-06 17:16 UTC | newest]