io-uring.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [GIT PULL io_uring fixes for 5.5-rc2
@ 2019-12-13  1:20 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-12-13  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: io-uring

Hi Linus,

Here's a set of changes/fixes that should go into 5.5-rc. This pull
request contains:

- A tweak to IOSQE_IO_LINK (also marked for stable) to allow links that
  don't sever if the result is < 0. This is mostly for linked timeouts,
  where if we ask for a pure timeout we always get -ETIME. This makes
  links useless for that case, hence allow a case where it works.

- Five minor optimizations to fix and improve cases that regressed
  since v5.4.

- An SQTHREAD locking fix.

- A sendmsg/recvmsg iov assignment fix.

- Net fix where read_iter/write_iter don't honor IOCB_NOWAIT, and
  subsequently ensuring that works for io_uring.

- Fix a case where for an invalid opcode we might return -EBADF instead
  of -EINVAL, if the ->fd of that sqe was set to an invalid fd value.

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/io_uring-5.5-20191212

Jens Axboe (11):
      io_uring: allow unbreakable links
      io-wq: remove worker->wait waitqueue
      io-wq: briefly spin for new work after finishing work
      io_uring: sqthread should grab ctx->uring_lock for submissions
      io_uring: deferred send/recvmsg should assign iov
      io_uring: don't dynamically allocate poll data
      io_uring: run next sqe inline if possible
      io_uring: only hash regular files for async work execution
      net: make socket read/write_iter() honor IOCB_NOWAIT
      io_uring: add sockets to list of files that support non-blocking issue
      io_uring: ensure we return -EINVAL on unknown opcode

 fs/io-wq.c                    |  34 ++++++---
 fs/io-wq.h                    |   7 +-
 include/uapi/linux/io_uring.h |  40 +++++-----
 net/socket.c                  |   4 +-

Jens Axboe

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-12-13  1:20 UTC | newest]