io-uring.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Questions about IORING_OP_ASYNC_CANCEL usage
@ 2020-08-21  5:22 Carter Li 李通洲
From: Carter Li 李通洲 @ 2020-08-21  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: io-uring

Hi Jens,

I have some ( maybe stupid ) questions about IORING_OP_ASYNC_CANCEL:

1. Does IORING_OP_ASYNC_CANCEL always complete inline ( i.e. finishes before the io_uring_enter syscall returns )?

2. Does recent changes of async buffered reads have any impact with cancelation? Can we cancel a buffered IORING_OP_READV operation after it’s started? Although the disk->kernel DMA operation is not cancelable, can we cancel the kernel->userland data copy?

3. I heard that all buffered writes are serialized on the inode mutex. If a buffered IORING_OP_WRITEV is blocked on the node mutex, can we cancel it?

Thanks in advance,
Carter

* Re: Questions about IORING_OP_ASYNC_CANCEL usage
@ 2020-08-21  5:20               ` Carter Li 李通洲
From: Carter Li 李通洲 @ 2020-08-21  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: io-uring

Sorry, please ignore this mail, I’ll send a new one

@ 2020-08-21  5:17             ` Carter Li 李通洲