IO-Uring Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [GIT PULL] io_uring fixes for 5.5-rc4
@ 2019-12-26 18:21 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2019-12-26 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: io-uring

Hi Linus,

This pull request:

- Removal of now unused busy wqe list (Hillf)

- Add cond_resched() to io-wq work processing (Hillf)

- And then the series that I hinted at from last week, which removes the
  sqe from the io_kiocb and keeps all sqe handling on the prep side.
  This guarantees that an opcode can't do the wrong thing and read the
  sqe more than once. This is unchanged from last week, no issues have
  been observed with this in testing. Hence I really think we should
  fold this into 5.5.

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/io_uring-5.5-20191226

Hillf Danton (2):
      io-wq: remove unused busy list from io_sqe
      io-wq: add cond_resched() to worker thread

Jens Axboe (7):
      io_uring: use u64_to_user_ptr() consistently
      io_uring: add and use struct io_rw for read/writes
      io_uring: move all prep state for IORING_OP_CONNECT to prep handler
      io_uring: move all prep state for IORING_OP_{SEND,RECV}_MGS to prep handler
      io_uring: read 'count' for IORING_OP_TIMEOUT in prep handler
      io_uring: standardize the prep methods
      io_uring: pass in 'sqe' to the prep handlers

 fs/io-wq.c    |  10 +-

Jens Axboe

only message in thread, back to index