io-uring.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* unix pipe example?
@ 2020-08-25  0:08 Michael Spiegel
From: Michael Spiegel @ 2020-08-25  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: io-uring

Hello,

Is there an example of using io-uring or liburing to implement a unix
pipe, if such an example even makes sense? One consumer process and
one producer process, not forked from a common parent. I tried
searching for an implementation online but couldn't find it. I started
writing an implementation myself using liburing and using a unix
domain socket to share the ring_fd. But it seemed like the
io_uring_params also needed to be shared across the processes? Looking
through the mailing list archives there is some mention of wiring up
io_uring support for pipe2 in the future, which is equivalent to what
I am looking for.

--Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-25  0:08 UTC | newest]