iwd.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* ECDSA support
@ 2023-01-18 13:16 Michael Yartys
From: Michael Yartys @ 2023-01-18 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iwd

Hi

I've been unable to connect to my university Eduroam network ever since they switched their certificates from RSA to ECDSA. As far as I know, iwd has been working on getting ECDSA support into the kernel for a while now. What's the latest news on this? I would really prefer to ditch wpa_supplicant due to the superior roaming functionality of iwd, which is really useful on my FT-SAE home network.

Michael

* Re: ECDSA support
@ 2023-01-18 15:06 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2023-01-18 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Yartys, iwd

Hi Michael,

On 1/18/23 07:16, Michael Yartys wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been unable to connect to my university Eduroam network ever since they switched their certificates from RSA to ECDSA. As far as I know, iwd has been working on getting ECDSA support into the kernel for a while now. What's the latest news on this? I would really prefer to ditch wpa_supplicant due to the superior roaming functionality of iwd, which is really useful on my FT-SAE home network.

ECDSA support is already in iwd, but it requires the following fix to the kernel
which hasn't been upstreamed yet:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/keyrings/patch/20220826145119.9375-1-denkenz@gmail.com/

We've resent this twice now and there's crickets on the mailing list.  If others
want to nudge the upstream maintainers, be our guest :)

Regards,
-Denis

* Re: ECDSA support
@ 2023-02-11 16:44   ` Michael Yartys
From: Michael Yartys @ 2023-02-11 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Kenzior; +Cc: iwd

Hi Denis,

> Hi Michael,
>
> On 1/18/23 07:16, Michael Yartys wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've been unable to connect to my university Eduroam network ever since they switched their certificates from RSA to ECDSA. As far as I know, iwd has been working on getting ECDSA support into the kernel for a while now. What's the latest news on this? I would really prefer to ditch wpa_supplicant due to the superior roaming functionality of iwd, which is really useful on my FT-SAE home network.
>

> ECDSA support is already in iwd, but it requires the following fix to the kernel
> which hasn't been upstreamed yet:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/keyrings/patch/20220826145119.9375-1-denkenz@gmail.com/
>
> We've resent this twice now and there's crickets on the mailing list. If others
> want to nudge the upstream maintainers, be our guest :)

There's been no reply from the maintainers, so maybe it's worth trying to resend it again? Strange that they pretty much ignore it...

> Regards,
> -Denis

Michael