* Re: [PATCH] drm/vc4: fix ref count leak in vc4_dsi_encoder_enable
@ 2020-06-14 12:16 Markus Elfring
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Markus Elfring @ 2020-06-14 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: Navid Emamdoost, dri-devel
Cc: Qiushi Wu, David Airlie, kernel-janitors, Kangjie Lu,
linux-kernel, Navid Emamdoost, Stephen McCamant, Andy Shevchenko
> in vc4_dsi_encoder_enable, the call to pm_runtime_get_sync increments
> the counter even in case of failure, leading to incorrect
> ref count. In case of failure, decrement the ref count before returning.
* Can the term “reference count” become relevant also for this commit message
besides other possible adjustments?
* Can it be nicer to combine proposed updates for this software module
as a patch series (with a cover letter)?
* Would you like to add the tag “Fixes”?
> +++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_dsi.c
> @@ -1088,6 +1088,8 @@ static void vc4_dsi_encoder_enable(struct drm_encoder *encoder)
> dev_info(&dsi->pdev->dev, "DSI regs after:\n");
> drm_print_regset32(&p, &dsi->regset);
> + pm_runtime_put(dev);
* Perhaps use the label “put_runtime” instead?
* Do you propose to perform an additional function call always
(and not only according to failure cases)?
* How do you think about calling the function “pm_runtime_put_noidle”?
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-14 12:16 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-06-14 12:16 [PATCH] drm/vc4: fix ref count leak in vc4_dsi_encoder_enable Markus Elfring
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).