kernel-tls-handshake.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* pre-release of v7
@ 2023-03-09 14:41 Chuck Lever III
From: Chuck Lever III @ 2023-03-09 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel-tls-handshake

Hi-

I'm now trying to take a step or two towards a more typical development
process for the kernel patches and ktls-utils, as we replace the old
upcall mechanism with netlink. This is in preparation for a release of
ktls-utils-0.8, once netdev is close to happy with the kernel part.

I have pushed pre-release branches of v7 so you can comment early, test
it, or send me patches /before/ I post "Another crack at a handshake
upcall mechanism" v7 on netdev@. What a concept, eh?

Kernel part: The upcall-v7 branch in

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cel/linux.git

User space part: The netlink-v7 branch in

https://github.com/oracle/ktls-utils

The one thing I'm waiting on now is for Jakub to deal properly with
the license and copyright notices in the YAML specs and generated C
source code. As an old SunRPC hand, I feel that the code generator
needs to copy the spec's license and copyright notices verbatim to
the generated C code. Jakub is not certain this is required; his code
generator adds a license notice that is sometimes not compatible with
the spec's license.

We are planning to loop the Linux Foundation in to try to extract some
legal advice.

--
Chuck Lever