kernelci.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* consult the KCIDB engagement from 0-Day CI
@ 2022-07-05  5:37 Li, Philip
From: Li, Philip @ 2022-07-05  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: lkp, Xiong, Wei1X, kernelci

Hi Nick, it has been for a while we haven't followed up with your last contact, let me apologize for this.

I want to follow up to engage with kcidb to contribute the results from 0-Day CI including kernel build and functional
test results as we have bandwidth now. Is this ok? If yes, can you kindly share us the process we need follow, such
as account apply, test run, etc?

Thanks

* Re: consult the KCIDB engagement from 0-Day CI
@ 2022-07-05 15:06 ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2022-07-05 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, philip.li, Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: lkp, Xiong, Wei1X

Hi Philip,

On 7/5/22 08:37, Li, Philip wrote:
 > Hi Nick, it has been for a while we haven't followed up with your last
contact, let me apologize for this.

No problem, glad you found the time to write :)

 > I want to follow up to engage with kcidb to contribute the results from
0-Day CI including kernel build and functional
 > test results as we have bandwidth now. Is this ok? If yes, can you kindly
share us the process we need follow, such
 > as account apply, test run, etc?

Of course! You're more than welcome to join.

Here's our official Submitter Guide:

     https://kernelci.org/docs/kcidb/submitter_guide/

Once you pick your "origin" ("intel", "0day", something else?), I will send
you submission credentials for our "playground" setup, in a private message.

You won't have to worry about breaking anything. You can send whatever you
want there to see how your data would look in our dashboard until you're
satisfied with what you're getting. Then we'll switch you to "production" setup.

Apart from the "playground" dashboard where your data will appear for now:

     https://kcidb.kernelci.org/?var-dataset=playground_kcidb_01

You can also see examples of data coming from others at our "production"
dashboard:

     https://kcidb.kernelci.org/

Send any questions you have!
Nick

@ 2022-07-06  2:16   ` Philip Li
From: Philip Li @ 2022-07-06  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikolai Kondrashov; +Cc: kernelci, Nikolai Kondrashov, lkp, Xiong, Wei1X

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 06:06:09PM +0300, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> On 7/5/22 08:37, Li, Philip wrote:
> > Hi Nick, it has been for a while we haven't followed up with your last
> contact, let me apologize for this.
>
> No problem, glad you found the time to write :)
>
> > I want to follow up to engage with kcidb to contribute the results from
> 0-Day CI including kernel build and functional
> > test results as we have bandwidth now. Is this ok? If yes, can you kindly
> share us the process we need follow, such
> > as account apply, test run, etc?
>
> Of course! You're more than welcome to join.
>
> Here's our official Submitter Guide:
>
>     https://kernelci.org/docs/kcidb/submitter_guide/
>
> Once you pick your "origin" ("intel", "0day", something else?), I will send
> you submission credentials for our "playground" setup, in a private message.

got it, i will pick "0dayci" as origin. Is this ok, or i need submit another
mail to kernelci@groups.io by the guide?

> You won't have to worry about breaking anything. You can send whatever you
> want there to see how your data would look in our dashboard until you're
> satisfied with what you're getting. Then we'll switch you to "production"
> setup.
>
> Apart from the "playground" dashboard where your data will appear for now:
>
>     https://kcidb.kernelci.org/?var-dataset=playground_kcidb_01
>
> You can also see examples of data coming from others at our "production"
> dashboard:
>
>     https://kcidb.kernelci.org/

thanks for all detail info, we will follow up to try/learn.

@ 2022-07-06 12:33     ` Nikolai Kondrashov
From: Nikolai Kondrashov @ 2022-07-06 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Li; +Cc: kernelci, Nikolai Kondrashov, lkp, Xiong, Wei1X

Hi Philip

 >> Once you pick your "origin" ("intel", "0day", something else?), I will send
 >> you submission credentials for our "playground" setup, in a private message.
 >
 > got it, i will pick "0dayci" as origin. Is this ok, or i need submit another
 > mail to kernelci@groups.io by the guide?

Sure, no problem! I created the account and will send the credentials to you
in a bit. Please go ahead and use "0dayci" as your "origin".

Nick