kernelci.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Re: LAVA: How to link Requirements/"Any web page" page URL's to LAVA test cases
       [not found] <163F5B0C4D577FC9.11847@groups.io>
@ 2020-10-19 10:04 ` koti koti
From: koti koti @ 2020-10-19 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, lava-users

I guess we  may need to include under  "metadata:" in yaml file, right?  is
my understanding correct?

so that we can see the same in "Details" section under the corresponding
Job. (Ex:   https://staging.validation.linaro.org/scheduler/job/280173  .
Attached the screen shot)

Example:
#######

metadata:
  Testcase ID : TestCase_ID: xxxxx
  Requirement Path:  Requirement_URL_Page : XXXXX

Regards,
Koti

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 15:05, koti koti via groups.io <kotisoftwaretest=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I link the Requirement page (any web page) URL to LAVA test cases ?
>
> 1. I just want to see that web page URL in test case results page log after
> execution of test.
>
> Do I need to add that web page URL  as metadata data in while writing the
> test definitions?
>
> Regards,
> Koti

[-- Attachment #2: metadata_3.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 264631 bytes --]

* Re: LAVA: How to link Requirements/"Any web page" page URL's to LAVA test cases
@ 2020-10-19 10:33   ` koti koti
From: koti koti @ 2020-10-19 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milosz Wasilewski; +Cc: kernelci, lava-users

Thanks MIlosz and appreciated your support.

I fell the Metadata under "Details" section (Attached Details section
screen shot) may be clear about Test Requirements/Web-Page URL's info than
"
https://master.lavasoftware.org/static/docs/v2/writing-tests.html#recording-test-case-references"
.

Any other stakeholders in the organisation can visit the Details section
to know more about that Test Case/Test-Suite actual requirements or any
thing else info.

Appreciate any comments on my view/thoughts.

Regards,
Koti

@ 2020-10-19 10:05 ` Milosz Wasilewski
From: Milosz Wasilewski @ 2020-10-19 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, koti koti; +Cc: lava-users

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 10:35, koti koti <kotisoftwaretest@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I link the Requirement page (any web page) URL to LAVA test cases ?
>
> 1. I just want to see that web page URL in test case results page log after
> execution of test.

I don't think this can be done. LAVA doesn't offer such feature. A
long time ago we had a discussion about including arbitrary URL in the
test case metadata. So far there is no implementation. The closest you
can get is: https://master.lavasoftware.org/static/docs/v2/writing-tests.html#recording-test-case-references

milosz

@ 2020-10-19  9:34 koti koti