kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Unable to view patches in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/
@ 2018-07-22  6:52 nishad kamdar
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: nishad kamdar @ 2018-07-22  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello all,

I created a patch and submitted it to the following e-mail addresses.

Lidza Louina <lidza.louina@gmail.com>,Mark Hounschell <markh@compro.net>,Greg
Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,driverdev-

devel at linuxdriverproject.org,devel at driverdev.osuosl.org,
linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.

After submitting, I tried to view the patch on patchwork.kernel.org, but
the webpage
does not exist anymore. I could view my patches earlier on this webpage.

Where can I see the patches that I submitted?

Thanks,
nishad kamdar
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Unable to view patches in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/
@ 2018-07-22  9:34 ` Himanshu Jha
From: Himanshu Jha @ 2018-07-22  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Nishad,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 12:22:30PM +0530, nishad kamdar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I created a patch and submitted it to the following e-mail addresses.
>
> Lidza Louina <lidza.louina@gmail.com>,Mark Hounschell <markh@compro.net>,Greg
> Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,driverdev-
>
> devel at linuxdriverproject.org,devel at driverdev.osuosl.org,
> linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.
>
> After submitting, I tried to view the patch on patchwork.kernel.org, but
> the webpage
> does not exist anymore. I could view my patches earlier on this webpage.
>
> Where can I see the patches that I submitted?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/7/22/8
https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&w=2&r=1&s=nishad+kamdar&q=b

There are more archives, but marc.info is better than lkml.org.
lkml.org is sometimes down.

--
Himanshu Jha
Undergraduate Student

* Unable to view patches in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/
@ 2018-07-22  9:37 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2018-07-22  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 12:22:30PM +0530, nishad kamdar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I created a patch and submitted it to the following e-mail addresses.
>
> Lidza Louina <lidza.louina@gmail.com>,Mark Hounschell <markh@compro.net>,Greg
> Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,driverdev-
>
> devel at linuxdriverproject.org,devel at driverdev.osuosl.org,
> linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.
>
> After submitting, I tried to view the patch on patchwork.kernel.org, but
> the webpage
> does not exist anymore. I could view my patches earlier on this webpage.

patchwork.kernel.org just got upgraded yesterday, perhaps lkml is not
yet finished the transition on that site.  Give it a few days.

> Where can I see the patches that I submitted?

Look on the mailing list itself, that's the best place.  Note that not
all subsystems/maintainers use patchwork, so even if you did see your
patch there, there's nothing it would show you that a mailing list
archive would not.

hope this helps,

greg k-h

* Unable to view patches in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/
@ 2018-07-22 17:23   ` Nishad Kamdar
From: Nishad Kamdar @ 2018-07-22 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 03:04:31PM +0530, Himanshu Jha wrote:
> Hi Nishad,
>
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 12:22:30PM +0530, nishad kamdar wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I created a patch and submitted it to the following e-mail addresses.
> >
> > Lidza Louina <lidza.louina@gmail.com>,Mark Hounschell <markh@compro.net>,Greg
> > Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,driverdev-
> >
> > devel at linuxdriverproject.org,devel at driverdev.osuosl.org,
> > linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.
> >
> > After submitting, I tried to view the patch on patchwork.kernel.org, but
> > the webpage
> > does not exist anymore. I could view my patches earlier on this webpage.
> >
> > Where can I see the patches that I submitted?
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/7/22/8
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&w=2&r=1&s=nishad+kamdar&q=b
>
> There are more archives, but marc.info is better than lkml.org.
> lkml.org is sometimes down.
>
> --
> Himanshu Jha
> Undergraduate Student
> Department of Electronics & Communication
> Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology

Ok, Thanks for the reply.

regards,
nishad kamdar

* Unable to view patches in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/
@ 2018-07-22 17:24   ` Nishad Kamdar
From: Nishad Kamdar @ 2018-07-22 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 11:37:27AM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 12:22:30PM +0530, nishad kamdar wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I created a patch and submitted it to the following e-mail addresses.
> >
> > Lidza Louina <lidza.louina@gmail.com>,Mark Hounschell <markh@compro.net>,Greg
> > Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,driverdev-
> >
> > devel at linuxdriverproject.org,devel at driverdev.osuosl.org,
> > linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.
> >
> > After submitting, I tried to view the patch on patchwork.kernel.org, but
> > the webpage
> > does not exist anymore. I could view my patches earlier on this webpage.
>
> patchwork.kernel.org just got upgraded yesterday, perhaps lkml is not
> yet finished the transition on that site.  Give it a few days.
>
> > Where can I see the patches that I submitted?
>
> Look on the mailing list itself, that's the best place.  Note that not
> all subsystems/maintainers use patchwork, so even if you did see your
> patch there, there's nothing it would show you that a mailing list
> archive would not.
>
> hope this helps,
>
> greg k-h

Ok, noted.
Thanks for the reply.

regards,
nishad kamdar

* Unable to view patches in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/
@ 2018-07-22 19:45 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2018-07-22 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

> After submitting, I tried to view the patch on patchwork.kernel.org, but
> the webpage
> does not exist anymore. I could view my patches earlier on this webpage.
>
> Where can I see the patches that I submitted?

LKML patchwork got migrated to a dedicated instance, because the number of
patches on LKML was interfering with other projects using patchwork. You
can view the dedicated instance here:

https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/project/lkml/list/

There is supposed to be a redirect in place, but it is misbehaving right
now.

-K

> --
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Director, IT Infrastructure Security
The Linux Foundation
+1-971-258-2363
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Synaptics Driver Problem
@ 2018-07-23 15:29   ` o at goosey.org
From: o at goosey.org @ 2018-07-23 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2018-07-23 17:44     ` valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
From: valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu @ 2018-07-23 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:29:17 +0400, o at goosey.org said:

> So synaptics is not working, I want to write a driver for synaptics.
> Can I modify a generic synaptics driver?

Step 0 should be to figure out *why* the generic driver isn't working,
because you'll need that information to fix the existing driver or
writing a new one.

When you say "not working", how exactly does it fail? Does it not
even get seen by the operating system?  Does it get seen, but not
as a HID input device?  Does it get registered as a HID, but touches
and taps don't get detected?