kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Recover previous kernel
@ 2020-10-17 20:31 Palash Nigam
From: Palash Nigam @ 2020-10-17 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi all,

While building a new kernel i forgot to change the name of
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION in the .config file as a result my current kernel got
replaced by the one I was building. My original kernel still exists as
Pop_OS-oldkern.conf, and I can still boot into it once booting into the new
kernel fails.

Is there any way to reverse this?

I know I could just reinstall my OS again but I have some deadlines coming
up and can't afford to lose time in setting things up on my system :(

Regards,
palash

* Re: Recover previous kernel
@ 2020-10-17 20:59 ` Valdis Klētnieks