From: William Tambe <tambewilliam@gmail.com>
To: Kernel Newbies <kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org>
Subject: Help troubleshooting memory leak when highres=on
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 01:49:30 -0400

I am doing porting work; I am having a memory leak issue in a kernel
build with CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS=y.

When highres=on, load average as returned by uptime are always null,
and KernelStack from /proc/meminfo steadily grows until the system
runs out of memory triggering oom-killer and eventually the whole
system hangs.

Above memory leak and load average issues are not seen when booting
the kernel using highres=off.

Any idea where I should start debugging these issues ?