kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Is it possible to disable NEON to cause a trap with NEON code?
@ 2021-02-12 11:17 Jeffrey Walton
From: Jeffrey Walton @ 2021-02-12 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to setup a test case on ARM A-32. I want to ensure a NEON
code path is properly guarded at runtime.

I'd like to disable NEON at boot time so that a SIGILL is raised for
NEON instructions. If I get a SIGILL, it tells me there's some NEON in
non-guarded paths.

Is it possible to disable NEON at boot time?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-12 11:18 UTC | newest]