kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Roadmap to Linux development -- Kernel and Utilities
@ 2019-03-26 12:19 Milad Kahsari
From: Milad Kahsari @ 2019-03-26 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi folks, I am looking for a new and updated roadmap for Linux Kernel/Patch
development from scratch. for example, it teaches what knowledge we need
and how should we contribute to the project. Is there any roadmap as such
for taking?

* Re: Roadmap to Linux development -- Kernel and Utilities
@ 2019-03-26 15:38 ` Veck Hsiao
From: Veck Hsiao @ 2019-03-26 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milad Kahsari; +Cc: kernelnewbies

As I know that <Linux Kernel Development> is a good (but not up-to-date)
entry-level book.

If you know Chinese, here <http://wiki.csie.ncku.edu.tw/linux/schedule#> is
a good material for Linux Kernel Development.

Milad Kahsari <m.kahsari@gmail.com> 於 2019年3月26日 週二 下午8:19寫道:

@ 2019-03-26 17:14 ` Jesse
From: Jesse @ 2019-03-26 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milad Kahsari; +Cc: kernelnewbies

Hi Milad,

I've been reading "Linux Kernel Development" Third Edition by Robert Love. Aside from that, I've read files in the Documentation folder in the linux repo, and reading parts of the source code I'm interested in.

I've also been trying to reimplement a USB driver that already exists so that I can understand the concepts covered in the kernel development books I've read. I find that to be more helpful than the books, but it's also a lot harder.

Hope that helps,

Jesse Simpson

---
 Jesse Simpson