kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Quick interview with any community members
@ 2018-10-30 21:34 Alex Frederiksen
From: Alex Frederiksen @ 2018-10-30 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hey guys.

I decided to do a college paper on the Linux discourse community,
particularly on how a person navigates between groups and gains "authority"
within the community. If ya guys could answer some of my questions, that
would be real swell and I'd appreciate it. (:

1. Would you consider yourself closer to a "novice" or an "expert" in the
community?
2. How do "novices" and "experts" interact?
3. What would you say is the primary way(s) of communication?
4. Are there ways to attain authority (as a maintainer or leader of sorts)?
If so, how?
5. What are some of the common goals of the community?

Regards, Alex