kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* What mailer to use with Gmail?
@ 2020-08-25 19:04 Leam Hall
From: Leam Hall @ 2020-08-25 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Setting aside the desire to cuss as gmail, I'm having difficult making Thunderbird not send base64 attachments. Now an upgrade as cost me the ability to revert.  :(

Suggestions for a mailer to use for patches, and other things that don't like base64?

Thanks!

Leam

* Re: What mailer to use with Gmail?
@ 2020-08-25 19:18 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2020-08-25 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leam Hall; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 03:04:11PM -0400, Leam Hall wrote:
> Setting aside the desire to cuss as gmail, I'm having difficult making
> Thunderbird not send base64 attachments. Now an upgrade as cost me the
> ability to revert.  :(
>
> Suggestions for a mailer to use for patches, and other things that
> don't like base64?

The best way to send out patches is using git-send-email directly. It's
pretty straightforward to configure git to use Gmail smtp for this
purpose.

You can continue using Thunderbird when replying to conversations, or
you can take a dive from the deep end and investigate Mutt/NeoMutt. :)

-K

* Re: What mailer to use with Gmail?
@ 2020-08-28 13:34   ` Richard Sailer
From: Richard Sailer @ 2020-08-28 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)