ksummit.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Ksummit-discuss] vague topic for maintainers summit
@ 2019-09-09 10:17 Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2019-09-09 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit

This topic occured to me on one of the planes I've spent time on this
weekend, so it's kinda vague and handwavy.

Methods for constructively saying No to large companies.

I feel it would be best suited for something like maintainer summit as
people can speak freely without causing employer issues.

The idea would be to exchange ideas and discuss how to address large
bodies of code or stacks that are misdesigned or have major issues
that aren't suitable for stable inclusion, or are big additions to
current drivers/layers, being submitted by large corporations with the
expectations that we would land it because they designed it like that.
I'm not sure if other maintainers face this sort of thing as regularly
as I do, but just wondered if there was value in discussing it.

Dave.