ksummit.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [ANN] Tips and Strategies for Reducing Stress and Burnout by Creating Psychological Safety
@ 2023-11-01 22:19 Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2023-11-01 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit; +Cc: Shuah Khan, contact

Several people suggested topics for the upcoming Maintainer and Kernel
Summits to discuss and find solutions to address to maintainer stress,
and burnout.

It is important to pursue and find solutions to this problem to ensure
the kernel community continues to stay healthy and successful.

The Linux Plumbers Conference Program Committee is pleased to announce
that we have invited Dr. Gloria Chance to host a session at the Kernel
Summit on November 15th 2023 to share tips and strategies for reducing
stress and burnout. We hope this session will provide much needed help
for maintainers and developers seeking such resources.

We thank the Linux Foundation for providing funding to make this
happen.

Title:
Tips and Strategies for Reducing Stress and Burnout by Creating
Psychological Safety

In today's hybrid computing and work environments, many challenges
make it difficult to collaborate, communicate and feel a sense of
belonging as a team-member.  It can become increasingly difficult
to develop trust and teamwork in these environments which impact
innovation and productivity. Creating psychological safety can be
helpful when embracing strategies that reduce stress and burnout.
Learn strategies that build trust, support for team members;
leverage collaborative language; demonstrate understanding and empathy
and self-awareness.

Please reach out if you have any questions.

thanks,
-- Shuah Khan (on behalf of the Linux Plumbers Conference Program Committee)

* Re: [ANN] Tips and Strategies for Reducing Stress and Burnout by Creating Psychological Safety
@ 2023-11-02 22:12 ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2023-11-02 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuah Khan; +Cc: ksummit, contact

On Wed, Nov 1, 2023 at 11:19 PM Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> The Linux Plumbers Conference Program Committee is pleased to announce
> that we have invited Dr. Gloria Chance to host a session at the Kernel
> Summit on November 15th 2023 to share tips and strategies for reducing
> stress and burnout. We hope this session will provide much needed help
> for maintainers and developers seeking such resources.

This is excellent news. Very nice.

Yours,
Linus Walleij