ksummit.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Ksummit-discuss] DRAFT Maintainer's Summit Agenda and Attendee List
@ 2019-09-05 15:47 Theodore Y. Ts'o
From: Theodore Y. Ts'o @ 2019-09-05 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit-discuss

The agenda topics are of course subject to change (and often do, even
while we're having the discussion :-).  Any thoughts or comments are
of course welcome.

						- Ted

			 Maintainer's Summit
	     Ametista Room at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
			  September 12, 2019

9:00  Hot breakfast and morning refreshments (sponsored by IBM)
      <Room available for hacking and informal discussions>
12:00 Lunch (sponsored by Intel)
13:00 Agenda Bashing
13:30 Dealing with the high volume of automated bug finders (Shuah Kahn)
14:00 Stable Kernel Process Automation and Improvement (Sasha Levin)
14:30 Depth of the "pull network" (James Bottomley)
15:00 Afternoon Break (Sponsored by IBM)
15:30 Is Linus Happy?
16:30 <Open Slot>
17:00 Maintainer Summit: What went well, what can we do better?
17:30 Group Photo
18:30 Bus Transportation to Evening Event

Attendee List
-------------
Alexei Starovoitov
Andrew Morton
Bjorn Helgaas
Christoph Hellwig
Dan Williams
Daniel Borkmann
David Airlie
David Miller
Greg Kroah-Hartman
Jan Kara
Jiri Kosina
Jonathan Corbet
Kees Cook
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Laura Abbott
Linus Torvalds
Linus Walleij
Michael Ellerman
Olof Johansson
Peter Zijlstra
Rafael Wysocki
Shuah Khan
Stephen Rothwell
Steven Rostedt
Takashi Iwai
Theodore Ts'o
Thomas Gleixner
Vasily Gorbik
Will Deacon

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] DRAFT Maintainer's Summit Agenda and Attendee List
@ 2019-09-05 15:58 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2019-09-05 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Y. Ts'o; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:47:02AM -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
>9:00  Hot breakfast and morning refreshments (sponsored by IBM)
>      <Room available for hacking and informal discussions>
>12:00 Lunch (sponsored by Intel)
>13:00 Agenda Bashing
>13:30 Dealing with the high volume of automated bug finders (Shuah Kahn)
>14:00 Stable Kernel Process Automation and Improvement (Sasha Levin)
>14:30 Depth of the "pull network" (James Bottomley)
>15:00 Afternoon Break (Sponsored by IBM)
>15:30 Is Linus Happy?
>16:30 <Open Slot>

Can I slot in a 5-minute "kernel.org maintainer initiatives" summary
here, or is that something that will be scheduled on the spot?

>17:00 Maintainer Summit: What went well, what can we do better?
>17:30 Group Photo
>18:30 Bus Transportation to Evening Event

-K

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] DRAFT Maintainer's Summit Agenda and Attendee List
@ 2019-09-05 21:58 ` Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2019-09-05 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Y. Ts'o; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> The agenda topics are of course subject to change (and often do, even
> while we're having the discussion :-).  Any thoughts or comments are
> of course welcome.
>
> 						- Ted
>
> 			 Maintainer's Summit
> 	     Ametista Room at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
> 			  September 12, 2019
>

> 9:00  Hot breakfast and morning refreshments (sponsored by IBM)
>       <Room available for hacking and informal discussions>
> 12:00 Lunch (sponsored by Intel)
> 13:00 Agenda Bashing
> 13:30 Dealing with the high volume of automated bug finders (Shuah Kahn)
> 14:00 Stable Kernel Process Automation and Improvement (Sasha Levin)
> 14:30 Depth of the "pull network" (James Bottomley)
> 15:00 Afternoon Break (Sponsored by IBM)
> 15:30 Is Linus Happy?
> 16:30 <Open Slot>

I'd actually like to propose one more topic; last year, we've been
discussing the process around handling of HW security issues [1]. There
have been quite some developments since then (and there are still a few
unresolved companies^Wissues), and I believe it'd be appropriate to give a
brief update and discuss next steps.

People necessary to discuss this are already on the attendee list, so all
is good there.

[1] https://lwn.net/Articles/769417/

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] DRAFT Maintainer's Summit Agenda and Attendee List
@ 2019-09-06  6:16   ` Thomas Gleixner
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2019-09-06  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Kosina; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> I'd actually like to propose one more topic; last year, we've been
> discussing the process around handling of HW security issues [1]. There
> have been quite some developments since then (and there are still a few
> unresolved companies^Wissues), and I believe it'd be appropriate to give a
> brief update and discuss next steps.
>
> People necessary to discuss this are already on the attendee list, so all
> is good there.

I'm happy to give a brief report. Shouldn't take long.

Thanks,

	tglx