kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [ANNOUNCE] qemu-kvm-0.11.0 released
@ 2009-09-27  7:42 Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2009-09-27  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel

qemu-kvm-0.11.0 is now available.  This release is is based on the
upstream qemu 0.11.0, plus kvm-specific enhancements.

Changes from the qemu-kvm-0.10 series:
- merge qemu 0.11.0
   - qdev device model
   - qemu-io
   - i386: multiboot support for -kernel
   - gdbstub: vCont support
   - i386: control over boot menu
   - i386: pc-0.10 compatibility machine type
   - qcow2: use cache=writethrough by default
   - i386: MCE emulation
   - i386: host cpuid support
   - slirp: host network config
   - virtio: MSI-x support
   - pci: allow devices to specify bus address
   - migration: allow down time based threshold
   - virtio-net: filtering support
   - http block device support
   - i386: expose numa topology to guests
   - native preadv/pwritev support
   - kvm: guest debugging support
   - vnc: support for acls and gssapi
   - monitor: allow multiple monitors
- device assignment: MSI-X support (Sheng Yang)
- device assignment: SR/IOV support (Sheng Yang)
- irqfd support (Gregory Haskins)
- drop libkvm, use some of the upstream kvm support (Glauber Costa)
- device assignment: option ROM support (Alex Williamson)
- x2apic support (Gleb Natapov)
- kvm/msi integration (Michael S. Tsirkin)
- hpet/kvm integration (Beth Kon)
- mce/kvm ingration (Huang Ying)

http://www.linux-kvm.org

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] qemu-kvm-0.11.0 released
@ 2009-09-29 21:45 ` Dustin Kirkland
From: Dustin Kirkland @ 2009-09-29 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: kvm-devel

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:
> qemu-kvm-0.11.0 is now available.  This release is is based on the upstream
> qemu 0.11.0, plus kvm-specific enhancements.

Thanks, Avi.

We in Ubuntu have tracked each of the two previous RC's, and we will
have this GA version in Karmic within a day or so.  We're looking
forward to following the stable branch as opposed to the kvm-NN
snapshots we've traditionally tracked.

:-Dustin

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] qemu-kvm-0.11.0 released
@ 2009-09-29 21:48   ` Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2009-09-29 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dustin Kirkland; +Cc: kvm-devel

Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:
>> qemu-kvm-0.11.0 is now available.  This release is is based on the upstream
>> qemu 0.11.0, plus kvm-specific enhancements.
>
> Thanks, Avi.
>
> We in Ubuntu have tracked each of the two previous RC's, and we will
> have this GA version in Karmic within a day or so.  We're looking
> forward to following the stable branch as opposed to the kvm-NN
> snapshots we've traditionally tracked.

By the way, I maintain Debian kvm packages for quite some time
(because debian does not have up-to-date kvm), all are available
here -- http://www.corpit.ru/debian/tls/kvm/.  Anything wrong with
those, have you seen them?  Just... asking :)

/mjt

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] qemu-kvm-0.11.0 released
@ 2009-09-29 23:49     ` Dustin Kirkland
From: Dustin Kirkland @ 2009-09-29 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Tokarev; +Cc: kvm-devel