kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Userspace specific host irq?
@ 2009-01-08  6:56 Sheng Yang
From: Sheng Yang @ 2009-01-08  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm; +Cc: Avi Kivity, Weidong Han, Amit Shah, Ben-Ami Yassour

Hi all

This piece of code puzzled me at all time:

virt/kvm/kvm_main.c:assigned_device_update_intx()

> 		if (airq->host_irq)
> 			adev->host_irq = airq->host_irq;
> 		else
> 			adev->host_irq = adev->dev->irq;

I don't know why we can let userspace use a different host_irq rather than the
real one.

I've queried Amit and Ben-Ami who are the original author about this question,
and they also think this piece of code is redundancy. Send the question to the
mailing list, if everyone agree, I would discard this one.

Thanks!

--
regards
Yang, Sheng

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-01-08  6:56 UTC | newest]