kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Dose KVM support setting scheduler parameters for a domain
@ 2009-07-07 15:12 Zhang Qian
From: Zhang Qian @ 2009-07-07 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi,

I'd like to know if virDomainSetSchedulerParameters() works for KVM
domain, I want to set CPU weight for a KVM domain, is it possible?
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Qian

* Re: Dose KVM support setting scheduler parameters for a domain
@ 2009-07-07 15:31 ` Daniel P. Berrange
From: Daniel P. Berrange @ 2009-07-07 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang Qian; +Cc: kvm

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 11:12:44PM +0800, Zhang Qian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if virDomainSetSchedulerParameters() works for KVM
> domain, I want to set CPU weight for a KVM domain, is it possible?
> Thanks a lot!

The API you're asking about is not actually a KVM one, rather a libvirt
API, so this kind of question is better directed to the libvirt mailing
list

  http://libvirt.org/contact.html

That said, we do not yet support virDomainSetSchedulerParameters() for
the libvirt QEMU driver. It is however on our roadmap and will almost
certainly be supported in the next release (July 31st)

Regards,
Daniel