kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: SOLVED kvm networking on debian unstable
       [not found] <200909162011.45845.thomas@koch.ro>
@ 2009-09-17  7:58 ` Thomas Koch
From: Thomas Koch @ 2009-09-17  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libvir-list; +Cc: kvm

The solution is, to delete

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

in the guest and reboot. This is an autogenerated file, which stores the
mapping of MAC adresses to interface names. Since my MAC address changed, the
interface wasn't automatically added anymore.

found at:
http://vmfaq.com/entry/24/

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

* Re: [libvirt] Re: SOLVED kvm networking on debian unstable
@ 2009-09-22 12:43   ` Daniel Veillard
From: Daniel Veillard @ 2009-09-22 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Koch; +Cc: libvir-list, kvm

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 09:58:53AM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> The solution is, to delete
>
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
>
> in the guest and reboot. This is an autogenerated file, which stores the
> mapping of MAC adresses to interface names. Since my MAC address changed, the
> interface wasn't automatically added anymore.
>
> found at:
> http://vmfaq.com/entry/24/

  Would you mind adding a small description and link in the networking
tips section of the Wiki ?

  http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking

  it may help others using your system and having the same troubles,

   thanks,

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/