kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Messy headers
@ 2009-01-09 19:58 Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2009-01-09 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel, Avi Kivity

kvm-userspace installs:

/usr/local/include/linux/kvm.h
/usr/local/include/linux/kvm_para.h

This relies on

<asm/kvm.h>

Which is not installed.  libkvm.h depends on an up-to-date version of
kvm.h to function properly.

Perhaps we should just stop installing all headers since libkvm is
probably not going to be a supported library?

Right now, this is screwing up the QEMU build because it's getting one
header from /usr/local/include and another from /usr/include and chaos
ensues.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

* Re: Messy headers
@ 2009-01-11  7:23 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2009-01-11  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Liguori; +Cc: kvm-devel

Anthony Liguori wrote:
> kvm-userspace installs:
>
> /usr/local/include/linux/kvm.h
> /usr/local/include/linux/kvm_para.h
>
> This relies on
>
> <asm/kvm.h>
>
> Which is not installed.  libkvm.h depends on an up-to-date version of
> kvm.h to function properly.
>
> Perhaps we should just stop installing all headers since libkvm is
> probably not going to be a supported library?

Done.