kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* new wiki missing pages?
@ 2009-03-10 18:43 Hollis Blanchard
From: Hollis Blanchard @ 2009-03-10 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: kvm-devel

Hi, I notice the old wiki has been replaced with
http://www.linux-kvm.org/ ... unfortunately it seems to be missing *all*
PowerPC information. Can this be recovered please?

I have no idea what other pages may be missing.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center

* Re: new wiki missing pages?
@ 2009-03-10 19:17 ` Ryan Harper
From: Ryan Harper @ 2009-03-10 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hollis Blanchard; +Cc: Avi Kivity, kvm-devel

* Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@us.ibm.com> [2009-03-10 13:46]:

http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/KVM_RegressionTest

redirects to the main page at www.linux-kvm.org

The "Getting Started" link tries to edit the page ..
http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/index.php?title=KVM-Autotest/Getting_Started&action=edit

The "Tests" link also tries to edit the page ...
http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/index.php?title=KVM-Autotest/Tests&action=edit

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx

* Re: new wiki missing pages? / new wiki for kvm
@ 2009-03-10 20:49   ` Dor Laor
From: Dor Laor @ 2009-03-10 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Harper; +Cc: Hollis Blanchard, Avi Kivity, kvm-devel

Ryan Harper wrote:
> * Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@us.ibm.com> [2009-03-10 13:46]:
>
>> Hi, I notice the old wiki has been replaced with
>> http://www.linux-kvm.org/ ... unfortunately it seems to be missing *all*
>> PowerPC information. Can this be recovered please?
>>
>> I have no idea what other pages may be missing.
>>

> http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/KVM_RegressionTest
>
> redirects to the main page at www.linux-kvm.org
>
> The "Getting Started" link tries to edit the page ..
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/index.php?title=KVM-Autotest/Getting_Started&action=edit
>
> The "Tests" link also tries to edit the page ...
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/index.php?title=KVM-Autotest/Tests&action=edit

Sorry for that. It took IT only few month to change the Wiki... During
this tight schedule
some pages got lost as you can see.. Please report on a
problematic/missing page.
The original content can be reached using http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki

In general, finally the kvm wiki just moved from qumranet.kvm.com to
www.linux-kvm.org.
We're considering an option to unite the kvm and qemu wikis together
since there is allot
of shared content and eventually we'll have a shared userspace executable.

* Re: new wiki missing pages? / new wiki for kvm
@ 2009-03-10 20:58     ` Hollis Blanchard
From: Hollis Blanchard @ 2009-03-10 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dlaor; +Cc: Ryan Harper, Avi Kivity, kvm-devel

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 22:49 +0200, Dor Laor wrote:
> Sorry for that. It took IT only few month to change the Wiki... During
> this tight schedule
> some pages got lost as you can see.. Please report on a
> problematic/missing page.

Are these emails sufficient, or are you asking us to report some other
way?

> The original content can be reached using http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki

Please restore all pages linked from here:
http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/CategoryPowerPC

> In general, finally the kvm wiki just moved from qumranet.kvm.com to
> www.linux-kvm.org.

It's very confusing that linux-kvm.com and linux-kvm.org are apparently
completely unrelated. I wonder why you chose to create .org when .com
already existed.

> We're considering an option to unite the kvm and qemu wikis together
> since there is allot
> of shared content and eventually we'll have a shared userspace executable.

That would be great! First we'll need a working qemu wiki though...
maybe you can solve that problem at the same time.

What timeframe are we talking about? Next week? 6 months? Just a
brainstorm?

--

@ 2009-03-10 23:08       ` Dor Laor
From: Dor Laor @ 2009-03-10 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hollis Blanchard; +Cc: Ryan Harper, Avi Kivity, kvm-devel, Anthony Liguori

Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 22:49 +0200, Dor Laor wrote:
>
>> Sorry for that. It took IT only few month to change the Wiki... During
>> this tight schedule
>> some pages got lost as you can see.. Please report on a
>> problematic/missing page.
>>

> Are these emails sufficient, or are you asking us to report some other
> way?

It is sufficient, I meant that all of the content writers should double
check. Thanks.

>> The original content can be reached using http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki
>>

> Please restore all pages linked from here:
> http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/CategoryPowerPC

Sure

>> In general, finally the kvm wiki just moved from qumranet.kvm.com to
>> www.linux-kvm.org.
>>

> It's very confusing that linux-kvm.com and linux-kvm.org are apparently
> completely unrelated. I wonder why you chose to create .org when .com
> already existed.

You're right, I didn't pick this. Also we need to get rid of the old
usage for kvm acronyms :)
If we move to qemu wiki the problem will vanish.

>> We're considering an option to unite the kvm and qemu wikis together
>> since there is allot
>> of shared content and eventually we'll have a shared userspace executable.
>>

> That would be great! First we'll need a working qemu wiki though...
> maybe you can solve that problem at the same time.
>
> What timeframe are we talking about? Next week? 6 months? Just a
> brainstorm?

One of the qemu maintainers handles it.

* Re: new wiki missing pages?
@ 2009-03-11  9:05 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2009-03-11  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hollis Blanchard; +Cc: kvm-devel, Shahar Mintz

Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> Hi, I notice the old wiki has been replaced with
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/ ... unfortunately it seems to be missing *all*
> PowerPC information. Can this be recovered please?
>
> I have no idea what other pages may be missing.

(copying smintz)

* Re: new wiki missing pages?
@ 2009-03-11  9:05   ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2009-03-11  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Harper; +Cc: Hollis Blanchard, kvm-devel, Shahar Mintz

@ 2009-03-11 18:01   ` Hollis Blanchard
From: Hollis Blanchard @ 2009-03-11 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity; +Cc: kvm-devel, Shahar Mintz

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 04:05:10 Avi Kivity wrote:
> Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> > Hi, I notice the old wiki has been replaced with
> > http://www.linux-kvm.org/ ... unfortunately it seems to be missing *all*
> > PowerPC information. Can this be recovered please?
> >
> > I have no idea what other pages may be missing.
> >

> (copying smintz)

Looks much better now; thanks!

I suppose it was impractical to go through the full spam-ridden wiki index to
find the content to migrate. :(

--

@ 2009-03-31 12:31         ` sudhir kumar
From: sudhir kumar @ 2009-03-31 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dlaor
  Cc: Hollis Blanchard, Ryan Harper, Avi Kivity, kvm-devel, Anthony Liguori

hugetlbfs info missing on new wiki. the info is here
http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/UsingLargePages

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Dor Laor <dlaor@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hollis Blanchard wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 22:49 +0200, Dor Laor wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry for that. It took IT only few month to change the Wiki... During
>>> this tight schedule
>>> some pages got lost as you can see.. Please report on a
>>> problematic/missing page.
>>>

>> Are these emails sufficient, or are you asking us to report some other
>> way?
>>

> It is sufficient, I meant that all of the content writers should double
> check. Thanks.
>>

>>> The original content can be reached using http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki
>>>

>> Please restore all pages linked from here:
>> http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/CategoryPowerPC
>>

> Sure
>>

>>> In general, finally the kvm wiki just moved from qumranet.kvm.com to
>>> www.linux-kvm.org.
>>>

>> It's very confusing that linux-kvm.com and linux-kvm.org are apparently
>> completely unrelated. I wonder why you chose to create .org when .com
>> already existed.
>>

> You're right, I didn't pick this. Also we need to get rid of the old usage
> for kvm acronyms :)
> If we move to qemu wiki the problem will vanish.
>>

>>> We're considering an option to unite the kvm and qemu wikis together
>>> since there is allot
>>> of shared content and eventually we'll have a shared userspace
>>> executable.
>>>

>> That would be great! First we'll need a working qemu wiki though...
>> maybe you can solve that problem at the same time.
>>
>> What timeframe are we talking about? Next week? 6 months? Just a
>> brainstorm?
>>

> One of the qemu maintainers handles it.

Sudhir Kumar

* Re: new wiki missing pages? / new wiki for kvm
@ 2009-03-31 12:33           ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2009-03-31 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sudhir kumar
  Cc: dlaor, Hollis Blanchard, Ryan Harper, kvm-devel, Anthony Liguori,
	Shahar Mintz

sudhir kumar wrote:
> hugetlbfs info missing on new wiki. the info is here
> http://il.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/UsingLargePages

Adding smintz.

* Re: new wiki missing pages? / new wiki for kvm
@ 2009-03-31 14:33             ` Shahar Mintz
From: Shahar Mintz @ 2009-03-31 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Kivity
  Cc: sudhir kumar, dlaor, Hollis Blanchard, Ryan Harper, kvm-devel,
	Anthony Liguori

Added:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/UsingLargePages

Many thanks!

Shahar Mintz <smintz@redhat.com>

IT and Infrastructure
Red Hat Israel, Ra'anana

Phone: +972 9 7754666
Extension: 5106
IRC: smintz
GnuPG: FFEC 6A38 420D 288A 0D16  EEE0 4D5D 287A 5686 23CC