kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* VFIO PROBLEM: pci_alloc_irq_vectors function request 32 MSI interrupts vectors, but return 1 in KVM virtual machine.
@ 2019-12-28  1:59 Renjun Wang
From: Renjun Wang @ 2019-12-28  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi all:
I have a question about PCI which troubled me for a few weeks.
I have a virtual machine with ubuntu 16.4.03 on KVM platform. There is a PCIe device(Xilinx PCIe IP) plugged in the host machine, and passthrough to guest via VFIO feature.
On the ubuntu operation system, I am developing the pcie driver. When I use pci_alloc_irq_vectors() function to allocate 32 msi vectors, but return 1.
The command  `lspci -vvv` output shows
MSI: Enable+ Count=1/32 Maskable+ 64bit+

there is a similar case https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49821599/multiple-msi-vectors-linux-pci-alloc-irq-vectors-return-one-while-the-devi.
But not working for KVM virtual machine.

I do not known why the function  pci_alloc_irq_vectors() returns one ?

Best regards.