kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Is latest KVM support auto rescan after PCIe device reset?
@ 2020-08-19  7:01 Dahui Jiang
From: Dahui Jiang @ 2020-08-19  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi all:

I use KVM on Ubuntu, the version is:

root@PC:/home# qemu-system-x86_64 --version
QEMU emulator version 2.11.1(Debian 1:2.11+dfsg-1ubuntu7.29)
Copyright (c) 2003-2017 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers

One PCIe card is used by one VM by pass through, and the PCIe card support hot plug.
And I found that after unplugging and plugging, and PCI device being listed by command "lspci" on host,
the corresponding PCI device in VM can't be list therewith.

I have found workaround like rebooting the VM or running command "virsh attach-device" with a xml file defining the device as one parameter.

But I still want to know if the latest KVM can do the recover automatically.

Thanks
Dahui

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-19  7:02 UTC | newest]