kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Call for volunteers: LWN.net articles about KVM Forum talks
@ 2019-09-17 13:02 Stefan Hajnoczi
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2019-09-17 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, libvir-list, kvm

Hi,
LWN.net is a popular open source news site that covers Linux and other
open source communities (Python, GNOME, Debian, etc).  It has published
a few KVM articles in the past too.

Let's raise awareness of QEMU, KVM, and libvirt by submitting articles covering
KVM Forum.

I am looking for ~5 volunteers who are attending KVM Forum to write an article
about a talk they find interesting.

Please pick a talk you'd like to cover and reply to this email thread.
I will then send an email to LWN with a heads-up so they can let us know
if they are interested in publishing a KVM Forum special.  I will not
ask LWN.net for money.

KVM Forum schedule:
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum-2019/program/schedule/

LWN.net guidelines:
https://lwn.net/op/AuthorGuide.lwn
"Our general guideline is for articles to be around 1500 words in
length, though somewhat longer or shorter can work too. The best
articles cover a fairly narrow topic completely, without any big
omissions or any extra padding."

I volunteer to cover Michael Tsirkin's "VirtIO without the Virt -
Towards Implementations in Hardware" talk.

Thanks,
Stefan

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for volunteers: LWN.net articles about KVM Forum talks
@ 2019-09-18  5:25 ` Sergio Lopez
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Sergio Lopez @ 2019-09-18  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: libvir-list, kvm

Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> LWN.net is a popular open source news site that covers Linux and other
> open source communities (Python, GNOME, Debian, etc).  It has published
> a few KVM articles in the past too.
>
> Let's raise awareness of QEMU, KVM, and libvirt by submitting articles covering
> KVM Forum.
>
> I am looking for ~5 volunteers who are attending KVM Forum to write an article
> about a talk they find interesting.
>
> Please pick a talk you'd like to cover and reply to this email thread.
> I will then send an email to LWN with a heads-up so they can let us know
> if they are interested in publishing a KVM Forum special.  I will not
> ask LWN.net for money.
>
> KVM Forum schedule:
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum-2019/program/schedule/
>
> LWN.net guidelines:
> https://lwn.net/op/AuthorGuide.lwn
> "Our general guideline is for articles to be around 1500 words in
> length, though somewhat longer or shorter can work too. The best
> articles cover a fairly narrow topic completely, without any big
> omissions or any extra padding."
>
> I volunteer to cover Michael Tsirkin's "VirtIO without the Virt -
> Towards Implementations in Hardware" talk.

I volunteer to cover Jun Nakajima's  "Enhancing KVM for Guest Protection
and Security"

Sergio.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Call for volunteers: LWN.net articles about KVM Forum talks
@ 2019-09-18  5:45 ` Pankaj Gupta
From: Pankaj Gupta @ 2019-09-18  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: qemu-devel, libvir-list, kvm

Hi Stefan,

> Hi,
> LWN.net is a popular open source news site that covers Linux and other
> open source communities (Python, GNOME, Debian, etc).  It has published
> a few KVM articles in the past too.
>
> Let's raise awareness of QEMU, KVM, and libvirt by submitting articles
> covering
> KVM Forum.
>
> I am looking for ~5 volunteers who are attending KVM Forum to write an
> article
> about a talk they find interesting.
>
> Please pick a talk you'd like to cover and reply to this email thread.
> I will then send an email to LWN with a heads-up so they can let us know
> if they are interested in publishing a KVM Forum special.  I will not
> ask LWN.net for money.
>
> KVM Forum schedule:
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum-2019/program/schedule/
>
> LWN.net guidelines:
> https://lwn.net/op/AuthorGuide.lwn
> "Our general guideline is for articles to be around 1500 words in
> length, though somewhat longer or shorter can work too. The best
> articles cover a fairly narrow topic completely, without any big
> omissions or any extra padding."
>
> I volunteer to cover Michael Tsirkin's "VirtIO without the Virt -
> Towards Implementations in Hardware" talk.

I volunteer for "KVM Address Space Isolation" talk by - Alexandre Chartre & Liran Alon.

Thanks,
Pankaj

> Thanks,
> Stefan

* Re: [libvirt] Call for volunteers: LWN.net articles about KVM Forum talks
@ 2019-09-18  8:28 ` Stefano Garzarella
From: Stefano Garzarella @ 2019-09-18  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: qemu-devel, libvir-list, kvm

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 02:02:59PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Hi,
> LWN.net is a popular open source news site that covers Linux and other
> open source communities (Python, GNOME, Debian, etc).  It has published
> a few KVM articles in the past too.
>
> Let's raise awareness of QEMU, KVM, and libvirt by submitting articles covering
> KVM Forum.
>
> I am looking for ~5 volunteers who are attending KVM Forum to write an article
> about a talk they find interesting.
>
> Please pick a talk you'd like to cover and reply to this email thread.
> I will then send an email to LWN with a heads-up so they can let us know
> if they are interested in publishing a KVM Forum special.  I will not
> ask LWN.net for money.
>
> KVM Forum schedule:
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum-2019/program/schedule/
>
> LWN.net guidelines:
> https://lwn.net/op/AuthorGuide.lwn
> "Our general guideline is for articles to be around 1500 words in
> length, though somewhat longer or shorter can work too. The best
> articles cover a fairly narrow topic completely, without any big
> omissions or any extra padding."
>
> I volunteer to cover Michael Tsirkin's "VirtIO without the Virt -
> Towards Implementations in Hardware" talk.

I volunteer for "Libvirt: Never too Late to Learn New Tricks" by
Daniel Berrange.

Cheers,
Stefano

* Re: Call for volunteers: LWN.net articles about KVM Forum talks
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-09-18 10:00 ` Cornelia Huck
From: Cornelia Huck @ 2019-09-18 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: qemu-devel, libvir-list, kvm

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:02:59 +0100
Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> LWN.net is a popular open source news site that covers Linux and other
> open source communities (Python, GNOME, Debian, etc).  It has published
> a few KVM articles in the past too.
>
> Let's raise awareness of QEMU, KVM, and libvirt by submitting articles covering
> KVM Forum.

Great idea!

> I am looking for ~5 volunteers who are attending KVM Forum to write an article
> about a talk they find interesting.
>
> Please pick a talk you'd like to cover and reply to this email thread.
> I will then send an email to LWN with a heads-up so they can let us know
> if they are interested in publishing a KVM Forum special.  I will not
> ask LWN.net for money.
>
> KVM Forum schedule:
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum-2019/program/schedule/

I think it might make sense to cover "Managing Matryoshkas: Testing
Nested Guests" (Marc Hartmayer) and "Nesting&testing" (Vitaly
Kuznetsov) in one article, and I volunteer for that.

@ 2019-09-18 10:02   ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2019-09-18 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Garzarella; +Cc: qemu-devel, libvir-list, kvm

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:28 AM Stefano Garzarella <sgarzare@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 02:02:59PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> I volunteer for "Libvirt: Never too Late to Learn New Tricks" by
> Daniel Berrange.

Hi Stefano,
Paolo has already volunteered for that.  Is there another talk you are
interested in covering?

@ 2019-09-18 10:30     ` Stefano Garzarella
From: Stefano Garzarella @ 2019-09-18 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Hajnoczi; +Cc: qemu-devel, libvir-list, kvm

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:02:54AM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:28 AM Stefano Garzarella <sgarzare@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 02:02:59PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> > I volunteer for "Libvirt: Never too Late to Learn New Tricks" by
> > Daniel Berrange.
>
> Hi Stefano,
> Paolo has already volunteered for that.  Is there another talk you are
> interested in covering?

Hi Stefan,
another talk I'm interested in is "Making the Most of NBD" by Eric Blake &
Richard Jones.

I hope it's not already covered :-)

Cheers,
Stefano