kvmarm.lists.cs.columbia.edu archive mirror
* [Question-GIC-v4.1] Plan on GIC-v4.1 driver development
@ 2019-09-17  2:15 Shaokun Zhang
From: Shaokun Zhang @ 2019-09-17  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel, kvmarm; +Cc: Marc Zyngier

Hi Marc,

This is from Nianyao Tang.

I'm planning to do some verification on our GIC-v4.1 implement. I would like some
information about linux GIC-v4.1 driver. When will linux support GIC-v4.1 or what's
the plan on developing GIC-v4.1 driver?

Thanks,
Nianyao.

* Re: [Question-GIC-v4.1] Plan on GIC-v4.1 driver development
@ 2019-09-17  9:23 ` Marc Zyngier
From: Marc Zyngier @ 2019-09-17  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaokun Zhang, linux-arm-kernel, kvmarm

On 17/09/2019 03:15, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> This is from Nianyao Tang.
>
> I'm planning to do some verification on our GIC-v4.1 implement. I would like some
> information about linux GIC-v4.1 driver. When will linux support GIC-v4.1 or what's
> the plan on developing GIC-v4.1 driver?

The easy answer is that yes, there is a plan. There is some code, even,
just not quite in a usable state yet. I'll try to push something out
once I get a chance.

	M.
--
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny...

* Re: [Question-GIC-v4.1] Plan on GIC-v4.1 driver development
@ 2019-09-18  9:58   ` Marc Zyngier
From: Marc Zyngier @ 2019-09-18  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaokun Zhang, linux-arm-kernel, kvmarm

On 17/09/2019 10:23, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 17/09/2019 03:15, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> This is from Nianyao Tang.
>>
>> I'm planning to do some verification on our GIC-v4.1 implement. I would like some
>> information about linux GIC-v4.1 driver. When will linux support GIC-v4.1 or what's
>> the plan on developing GIC-v4.1 driver?
>
> The easy answer is that yes, there is a plan. There is some code, even,
> just not quite in a usable state yet. I'll try to push something out
> once I get a chance.

FWIW, I've pushed out a branch containing the current state of this work
at [1]. It doesn't really work at the moment (Doorbells and SGIs are
unreliable), but hopefully that will give you an idea of what is going on.

Being a work in progress, it is unstable, subject to being changed,
rebased and deleted without warning.

Thanks,

	M.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git/log/?h=irq/gic-v4.1-devel
--

@ 2019-09-19  1:32     ` Shaokun Zhang
From: Shaokun Zhang @ 2019-09-19  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Zyngier, linux-arm-kernel, kvmarm

Hi Marc,

On 2019/9/18 17:58, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 17/09/2019 10:23, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>> On 17/09/2019 03:15, Shaokun Zhang wrote:
>>> Hi Marc,
>>>
>>> This is from Nianyao Tang.
>>>
>>> I'm planning to do some verification on our GIC-v4.1 implement. I would like some
>>> information about linux GIC-v4.1 driver. When will linux support GIC-v4.1 or what's
>>> the plan on developing GIC-v4.1 driver?
>>
>> The easy answer is that yes, there is a plan. There is some code, even,
>> just not quite in a usable state yet. I'll try to push something out
>> once I get a chance.
>
> FWIW, I've pushed out a branch containing the current state of this work
> at [1]. It doesn't really work at the moment (Doorbells and SGIs are
> unreliable), but hopefully that will give you an idea of what is going on.

Thank you, it is really helpful. I will check on this code first. If have any doubt,
I will 'noise' you again ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Shaokun