linux-amlogic.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* amlogic mmc_partitions support
@ 2019-01-14  9:54 Andreas Fenkart
From: Andreas Fenkart @ 2019-01-14  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-amlogic; +Cc: krzysztof.michonski

Hi,

What is a feasible way to port the vendor supplied
drivers/amlogic/mmc/emmc_partitions.c into something that could be
mainlined? My thought is to create a custom block/partition/amlogic.c
driver. Would that have a chance to be included in mainline?

Anybody else that tries to support the existing amlogic partition
format, not the implementation, as is. I want to upgrade the kernel
via fw upgrade on existing installations, but not touch the u-boot nor
the formatting.

/Andi