Linux-Amlogic Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Using meson-tools to install u-boot
@ 2019-08-01  8:24 Daniel Drake
From: Daniel Drake @ 2019-08-01  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: afaerber, open list:ARM/Amlogic Meson...

Hi,

Thanks for https://github.com/afaerber/meson-tools

I'm interested in it as a way of dropping reliance on the vendor's
bitrotting uboot tree, and also because the vendor binaries are
x86_64, whereas distros benefit from running this on native arm64
build infrastructure. Is this possible with the current state of
meson-tools?

Looking at the instructions at
https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/board/amlogic/p212/README.libretech-cc
and your README, most of the steps appear easy to "translate" to
meson-tools.

But what about this one?
 > $FIPDIR/acs_tool.pyc fip/bl2.bin fip/bl2_acs.bin fip/acs.bin 0

Does meson-tools provide an alternative here?

Thanks
Daniel

* Re: Using meson-tools to install u-boot
@ 2019-08-01 14:02 ` Neil Armstrong
From: Neil Armstrong @ 2019-08-01 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Drake; +Cc: linux-amlogic, Andreas Färber, u-boot-amlogic

Hi Daniel,

On 01/08/2019 10:24, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for https://github.com/afaerber/meson-tools
>
> I'm interested in it as a way of dropping reliance on the vendor's
> bitrotting uboot tree, and also because the vendor binaries are
> x86_64, whereas distros benefit from running this on native arm64
> build infrastructure. Is this possible with the current state of
> meson-tools?

I assume yes, and I'm open to a README update with these tools.
I haven't tested these tools personally, and I'll be also happy to have
them integrated in a build system like meta-meson.

> Looking at the instructions at
> https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/board/amlogic/p212/README.libretech-cc
> and your README, most of the steps appear easy to "translate" to
> meson-tools.
>
> But what about this one?
>  > $FIPDIR/acs_tool.pyc fip/bl2.bin fip/bl2_acs.bin fip/acs.bin>
> Does meson-tools provide an alternative here?

No, but the https://github.com/repk/gxlimg provides a uncompiled version :
https://github.com/repk/gxlimg/blob/master/acs_tool.py

No idea about legal terms of reusing a decompiled python script.

Neil

PS: can you Cc u-boot-amlogic@groups.io next time, it's the u-boot list !