linux-arm-kernel.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Regression in v5.0-rc with regmap-irq level-irq changes
@ 2019-01-15 19:28 Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2019-01-15 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matti Vaittinen, Mark Brown
  Cc: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller, linux-omap, Belisko Marek, Tero Kristo,
	Jon Hunter, Peter Ujfalusi, Laxman Dewangan, linux-arm-kernel,
	Keerthy, Thierry Reding, linux-kernel

Hi,

Looks like commit 1c2928e3e321 ("regmap: regmap-irq/gpio-max77620: add
level-irq support") caused a regression at least with palmas PMIC where
child interrupt no longer work and we get something like this on
omap5-uevm for example:

genirq: Setting trigger mode 3 for irq 157 failed
(regmap_irq_set_type+0x0/0x15c)
genirq: Setting trigger mode 12 for irq 154 failed
(regmap_irq_set_type+0x0/0x15c)
genirq: Setting trigger mode 8 for irq 149 failed
(regmap_irq_set_type+0x0/0x15c)

These are for child devices like power button, USB and RTC interrupts.
I'd also assume GPIOs might be broken now.

Any ideas what's needed? Some triggering mapping data to palmas.c
driver?

To me it seems the child device interrupt triggering can be whatever
the hardware supports including IRQ_TYPE_NONE for non-configurable
interrupts. Additionally palmas.c supports inverting the SoC
interrupt also.

Not sure if other things are broken now too, it might be worth
grepping the logs at kernelci.org for similar genirq errors above?

Regards,

Tony

* Re: Regression in v5.0-rc with regmap-irq level-irq changes
@ 2019-01-15 21:09 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-01-15 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren
  Cc: Peter Ujfalusi, linux-omap, Belisko Marek, Matti Vaittinen,
	Tero Kristo, Jon Hunter, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:28:40AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Any ideas what's needed? Some triggering mapping data to palmas.c
> driver?

There should be a fix in -next already waiting for me to send it to
Linus, can you check there (a couple actually, in my for-linus branch)?

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Regression in v5.0-rc with regmap-irq level-irq changes
@ 2019-01-16  0:10   ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2019-01-16  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Peter Ujfalusi, linux-omap, Belisko Marek, Matti Vaittinen,

* Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> [190115 21:09]:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:28:40AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>
> > Any ideas what's needed? Some triggering mapping data to palmas.c
> > driver?
>
> There should be a fix in -next already waiting for me to send it to
> Linus, can you check there (a couple actually, in my for-linus branch)?

OK great, yes the two drivers/base/regmap patches fix the issue
for me.

@ 2019-01-16 12:52     ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-01-16 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren