linux-arm-kernel.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* SPE capable Arm CPUs in the fields
@ 2019-09-19 20:23 Itaru Kitayama
From: Itaru Kitayama @ 2019-09-19 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Will,
Though SPE is just an optional feature of the Armv8.2-A extension, I am wondering whether CPUs are already out in the fields or some vendors are planning to make one of two in the near future.

Itaru.

* Re: SPE capable Arm CPUs in the fields
@ 2019-09-20  9:40 ` Sudeep Holla
From: Sudeep Holla @ 2019-09-20  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Itaru Kitayama; +Cc: linux-arm-kernel, Sudeep Holla

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 05:23:38AM +0900, Itaru Kitayama wrote:
> Will,
> Though SPE is just an optional feature of the Armv8.2-A extension, I am
> wondering whether CPUs are already out in the fields or some vendors are
> planning to make one of two in the near future.

SPE is available on Neoverse-N1 cores.

Sudeep

* Re: SPE capable Arm CPUs in the fields
@ 2019-09-20  9:45   ` Itaru Kitayama
From: Itaru Kitayama @ 2019-09-20  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sudeep Holla; +Cc: linux-arm-kernel

Thank you Sudeep. I look forward to more N1 variants showing up in the market in 2020.

@ 2019-09-20 11:56     ` Hanjun Guo
From: Hanjun Guo @ 2019-09-20 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Itaru Kitayama, Sudeep Holla; +Cc: linux-arm-kernel

On 2019/9/20 17:45, Itaru Kitayama wrote:
> Thank you Sudeep. I look forward to more N1 variants showing up in the market in 2020.

HiSilicon Kunpeng 920 (ARM64 server chip) has SPE feature and we are working on
this to enable it with more perf support:

https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org/msg2067868.html

Thanks
Hanjun