linux-arm-kernel.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Sfp PRESENT driver indication to user space
@ 2018-12-03  9:59 Roman Rozman
From: Roman Rozman @ 2018-12-03  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi all,

Would like to ask what is the best way to receive an indication in
user space upon SFP module INSERT/PRESENT.

I can't read the GPIO value because it says resource is busy.

THanks,

Roman.

* Re: Sfp PRESENT driver indication to user space
@ 2018-12-03 13:48 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2018-12-03 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roman Rozman; +Cc: linux-arm-kernel

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 11:59:21AM +0200, Roman Rozman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would like to ask what is the best way to receive an indication in
> user space upon SFP module INSERT/PRESENT.

Hi Roman

The proper way to do this is via some sort of netlink notification,
for insert/remove. The SFP driver can send them in its state machine.

What are you interested in doing? Maybe there is a simpler way which
does not require adding new code.

     Andrew