linux-arm-kernel.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Missing 'assigned-clocks' in usdhc node of i.MX8MQ/MM/MN dtsi?
@ 2019-09-19  9:56 Schrempf Frieder
From: Schrempf Frieder @ 2019-09-19  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anson Huang, Rob Herring, Mark Rutland, shawnguo, s.hauer,
	kernel, Fabio Estevam, leonard.crestez, daniel.lezcano, ping.bai,
	daniel.baluta, jun.li, l.stach, abel.vesa, andrew.smirnov, angus,
	ccaione, agx, devicetree, linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel,
	NXP Linux Team

Hi,

I wonder why imx8mq.dtsi, imx8mm.dtsi and imx8mn.dtsi have
'assigned-clocks' and 'assigned-clock-rates' set for all usdhc nodes,
except for usdhc2.

Is this on purpose? Is it a flaw?

Thanks,
Frieder

Extract from imx8mm.dtsi:

usdhc1: mmc@30b40000 {
	[...]
	assigned-clocks = <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_USDHC1>;
	assigned-clock-rates = <400000000>;
	[...]
};

usdhc2: mmc@30b50000 {
	compatible = "fsl,imx8mm-usdhc", "fsl,imx7d-usdhc";
	reg = <0x30b50000 0x10000>;
	interrupts = <GIC_SPI 23 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;
	clocks = <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_DUMMY>,
		 <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_NAND_USDHC_BUS>,
		 <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_USDHC2_ROOT>;
	clock-names = "ipg", "ahb", "per";
	fsl,tuning-start-tap = <20>;
	fsl,tuning-step= <2>;
	bus-width = <4>;
	status = "disabled";
};

usdhc3: mmc@30b60000 {
	[...]
	assigned-clocks = <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_USDHC3_ROOT>;
	assigned-clock-rates = <400000000>;
	[...]
};

* RE: Missing 'assigned-clocks' in usdhc node of i.MX8MQ/MM/MN dtsi?
@ 2019-09-19 10:01 ` Anson Huang
From: Anson Huang @ 2019-09-19 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schrempf Frieder, Rob Herring, Mark Rutland, shawnguo, s.hauer,
	kernel, Fabio Estevam, Leonard Crestez, daniel.lezcano,
	Jacky Bai, Daniel Baluta, Jun Li, l.stach, Abel Vesa,
	andrew.smirnov, angus, ccaione, agx, devicetree,
	linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel, dl-linux-imx

Hi, Schrempf

> Hi,
>
> I wonder why imx8mq.dtsi, imx8mm.dtsi and imx8mn.dtsi have 'assigned-
> clocks' and 'assigned-clock-rates' set for all usdhc nodes, except for usdhc2.
>
> Is this on purpose? Is it a flaw?

I don't think it is on purpose, it should be a flaw, I will double check with our usdhc owner,
if it is indeed a flaw, we will summit a patch to fix it, thanks for reminder.

Thanks,
Anson