linux-arm-kernel.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* PL111 DRM for TI Nspire
@ 2019-05-21  1:52 Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2019-05-21  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux ARM, Daniel Tang, Sebastian Hesselbarth

Hi folks,

I have one more user of the old PL111 fbdev driver before I can
switch them all over to the new DRM driver in drivers/gpu/drm/pl111
and finally delete the old driver: TI Nspire.

Before I invest time I want to ascertain that the maintainers are
actively using Nspire and can test patches in reasonable time if
I work on this, since I cannot test it myself.

It seems easy enough to convert that I would dare dry-coding it
if I can get some help testing and fixing up rough edges.

Is Nspire ready to test some patches?

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: PL111 DRM for TI Nspire
@ 2019-05-21 15:24 ` Daniel Tang
From: Daniel Tang @ 2019-05-21 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Walleij; +Cc: Linux ARM, Sebastian Hesselbarth

Hi Linus,

Thanks for reaching out. At this stage, I’m not able to personally test patches as I’m no longer actively developing on this platform. However, I will reach out and direct your request to some people who can help (and hopefully find a more appropriate maintainer).

I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Daniel

> On 21 May 2019, at 10:52 am, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have one more user of the old PL111 fbdev driver before I can
> switch them all over to the new DRM driver in drivers/gpu/drm/pl111
> and finally delete the old driver: TI Nspire.
>
> Before I invest time I want to ascertain that the maintainers are
> actively using Nspire and can test patches in reasonable time if
> I work on this, since I cannot test it myself.
>
> It seems easy enough to convert that I would dare dry-coding it
> if I can get some help testing and fixing up rough edges.
>
> Is Nspire ready to test some patches?
>
> Yours,
> Linus Walleij

* Re: PL111 DRM for TI Nspire
@ 2019-05-28 16:49   ` Fabian Vogt
From: Fabian Vogt @ 2019-05-28 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just subscribed to this ML to be able to answer here properly.

Am Dienstag, 21. Mai 2019, 17:24:19 CEST schrieb Daniel Tang:
> Hi Linus,
>
> Thanks for reaching out. At this stage, I?m not able to personally test patches as I?m no longer actively developing on this platform. However, I will reach out and direct your request to some people who can help (and hopefully find a more appropriate maintainer).
>
> I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> > On 21 May 2019, at 10:52 am, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have one more user of the old PL111 fbdev driver before I can
> > switch them all over to the new DRM driver in drivers/gpu/drm/pl111
> > and finally delete the old driver: TI Nspire.
> >
> > Before I invest time I want to ascertain that the maintainers are
> > actively using Nspire and can test patches in reasonable time if
> > I work on this, since I cannot test it myself.
> >
> > It seems easy enough to convert that I would dare dry-coding it
> > if I can get some help testing and fixing up rough edges.
> >
> > Is Nspire ready to test some patches?

Yes! Just point me to whatever tree to test with which patches on top and I'll
give them a test run or two.

Cheers,
Fabian