linux-arm-kernel.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Re: [GIT PULL] Staging/IIO driver updates for 5.13-rc1
       [not found] <YIa2ErYuJyCfSkS+@kroah.com>
@ 2021-04-26 14:26 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-04-26 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Andrew Morton, Stephen Rothwell, devel,
	linux-kernel, linux-staging, Mark Brown, Sudeep Holla,
	Olof Johansson, Arnd Bergmann, ARM

Hi Greg,

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:46:10 +0200 Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> All of these have been in linux-next for a while with no reported
> issues.

There was just these:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/20210329165525.32d51a3a@canb.auug.org.au/

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/20210331175151.67fcfe4d@canb.auug.org.au/

(the scmi tree commit mentioned in the latter is now in the arm-soc tree)

Not issues as such, but worth mentioning the conflicts and resolutions.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: [GIT PULL] Staging/IIO driver updates for 5.13-rc1
@ 2021-04-26 15:11   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-04-26 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Andrew Morton, Stephen Rothwell, devel,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:26:48AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:46:10 +0200 Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > All of these have been in linux-next for a while with no reported
> > issues.
>
> There was just these:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/20210329165525.32d51a3a@canb.auug.org.au/
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/20210331175151.67fcfe4d@canb.auug.org.au/
>
> (the scmi tree commit mentioned in the latter is now in the arm-soc tree)
>
> Not issues as such, but worth mentioning the conflicts and resolutions.

Yeah, merge issues with other trees are hard to resolve in the single
tree here, not much I can just yet, have to wait for them to hit Linus's
tree.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: [GIT PULL] Staging/IIO driver updates for 5.13-rc1
@ 2021-04-26 18:18     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2021-04-26 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Andrew Morton, Stephen Rothwell, devel,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, linux-staging, Mark Brown,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 8:11 AM Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Yeah, merge issues with other trees are hard to resolve in the single
> tree here, not much I can just yet, have to wait for them to hit Linus's
> tree.

It's generally a good idea to mention these things if you know about
them, just in case the other tree had come in in the meantime and I
had merged it first.

That didn't happen this time, and I do generally catch these things
anyway as long as they at least trigger problems for my usual x86-64
allmodconfig builds (but not everything does trigger that).

              Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] Staging/IIO driver updates for 5.13-rc1
@ 2021-04-27  6:22       ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2021-04-27  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Andrew Morton, Stephen Rothwell, devel,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:18:49AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 8:11 AM Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, merge issues with other trees are hard to resolve in the single
> > tree here, not much I can just yet, have to wait for them to hit Linus's
> > tree.
>
> It's generally a good idea to mention these things if you know about
> them, just in case the other tree had come in in the meantime and I
> had merged it first.
>
> That didn't happen this time, and I do generally catch these things
> anyway as long as they at least trigger problems for my usual x86-64
> allmodconfig builds (but not everything does trigger that).

Sorry, will mention it next time when I know it's going to happen with
another tree like this.

Thanks for pulling,

greg k-h