linux-arm-msm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Lee Jones <lee.jones@linaro.org>
To: "russianneuromancer@ya.ru" <russianneuromancer@ya.ru>
Cc: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>,
	Marc Gonzalez <marc.w.gonzalez@free.fr>,
	SCSI <linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org>,
	MSM <linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org>,
	Avri Altman <avri.altman@wdc.com>,
	Alim Akhtar <alim.akhtar@samsung.com>,
	Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>,
	Evan Green <evgreen@chromium.org>,
	Douglas Anderson <dianders@chromium.org>,
	Vivek Gautam <vivek.gautam@codeaurora.org>,
	Stanley Chu <stanley.chu@mediatek.com>
Subject: Re: ufshcd_abort: Device abort task at tag 7
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 09:12:04 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019, russianneuromancer@ya.ru wrote:

> Hello!
>

> > I don't remember the exact splats seen, but I would suggest that this is
> > retested after applying the following series:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-msm/20190828191756.24312-1-bjorn.andersson@linaro.org/T/#u
>
> Turns out this patches is already applied to kernel running on this device, but one line in dts was missing:
>
> https://github.com/aarch64-laptops/linux/pull/2
>
> With this line issue is no longer reproducible with DT boot. Thank you!
>
> As I understand it's planned to eventually boot this devices via ACPI.
>
> @Lee Jones, is my understanding correct?

No, not exactly.  We can boot these devices using ACPI, but with
limited functionality (when compared with booting using DT).  There
are too many black-boxes when booting with ACPI - something that can
only be resolved with Qualcomm's help.

Booting with ACPI helps us to use generic Linux distribution
installers, but it is expected for users to switch to DT once the OS
is installed.

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Linaro Services Technical Lead