linux-arm-msm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Avri Altman <Avri.Altman@wdc.com>
To: Asutosh Das <asutoshd@codeaurora.org>,
	"cang@codeaurora.org" <cang@codeaurora.org>,
	"martin.petersen@oracle.com" <martin.petersen@oracle.com>,
	"linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org" <linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: "linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org" <linux-arm-msm@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [<RFC RESEND PATCH v2> 0/3] WriteBooster Feature Support
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:53:25 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,
The code looks good to me and I encourage you to submit your patches.
I just want to make some general remarks:
 - The way you use the clock scaling to set WB on/off, is IMO, an elegant design choice.
 - You should add a platform capability for WB
 - As for setting user space configuration options - I think you've got it wrong.
   You should read it from  bSupportedWriteBoosterBufferUserSpaceReductionTypes
   (offset 0x55 in the device descriptor).
   This is a configurable parameter that the chipset vendor control and can set during provisioning.
 - I agree with your approach toward flush during runtime suspend (keep-vcc-on):
    it is the host's interest to assist the device with some extra idle time if needed for WB flush.
    This way you will assure consistent write performance.

Thanks,
Avri