linux-assembly.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Is this mail-list dead?
@ 2012-02-11 18:11 John Found
From: John Found @ 2012-02-11 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

I am subscriber for this mail list for an year or so and there are only 2 messages.
Is Linux assembly so unpopular? Or only this mail list particularly?

Regards

http://fresh.flatassembler.net
Assembly language visual programming.

* Re: Is this mail-list dead?
@ 2012-02-11 18:31 ` Rob
From: Rob @ 2012-02-11 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 08:11:56PM +0200, John Found wrote:
> I am subscriber for this mail list for an year or so and there are only 2 messages.
> Is Linux assembly so unpopular? Or only this mail list particularly?
>
> Regards

I think it's just pretty unpopular, I've only seen two too.

One thing that bugs me about nasm though - I can't use "wait" as an identifier
Makes writing parts of a little libc I'm doing really annoying.

Rob

* Re: Is this mail-list dead?
@ 2012-02-11 18:49   ` John Found
From: John Found @ 2012-02-11 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob, linux-assembly

>I think it's just pretty unpopular, I've only seen two too.

Well, 349 subscribers is not so bad. :)
I hope most of them are too busy to write assembly code, instead or reading/writing mails. :)

Anyway, I am working on big assembly project and I am always looking for help and contributors.
It is an portable library for writing assembly applications for Windows and Linux (and probably other OSes).
The aim is to get the native applications for Linux and Windows by simple compilation, without changing the source.
This library is part of bigger project - "Fresh IDE" - visual assembly language IDE.

http://fresh.flatassembler.net is the main site of the project.
http://chiselapp.com/user/johnfound/repository/FreshIDE is the source repository.

Regards.

>On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 08:11:56PM +0200, John Found wrote:
>> I am subscriber for this mail list for an year or so and there are only 2
>> messages.
>> Is Linux assembly so unpopular? Or only this mail list particularly?
>>
>> Regards
>

>One thing that bugs me about nasm though - I can't use "wait" as an
>identifier Makes writing parts of a little libc I'm doing really
>annoying.
>Rob
>--

* Re: Is this mail-list dead?
@ 2012-02-11 20:57     ` Steffen Solyga
From: Steffen Solyga @ 2012-02-11 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

Hi John,

I asked for nearly the same eight years ago.
Yes, linux assembly is quite unpopular. But there are still
guys on here to answer questions.

Steffen

Citing John Found (Saturday, 2012/02/11 20:49)...

> >I think it's just pretty unpopular, I've only seen two too.
>
> Well, 349 subscribers is not so bad. :)
> I hope most of them are too busy to write assembly code, instead or reading/writing mails. :)
>
> Anyway, I am working on big assembly project and I am always looking for help and contributors.
> It is an portable library for writing assembly applications for Windows and Linux (and probably other OSes).
> The aim is to get the native applications for Linux and Windows by simple compilation, without changing the source.
> This library is part of bigger project - "Fresh IDE" - visual assembly language IDE.
>
> http://fresh.flatassembler.net is the main site of the project.
> http://chiselapp.com/user/johnfound/repository/FreshIDE is the source repository.
>
> Regards.

-----------------------------
Steffen Solyga
mail: solyga@absinth.net
www : http://solyga.xulin.de/

* Re: Is this mail-list dead?
@ 2012-02-13 20:42       ` Staffan Höstman
From: Staffan Höstman @ 2012-02-13 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: linux-assembly

According to my personal mail archive theres only been like 20-30
messages/year the last few years.

I think there was quite some activity back in 2006 or 2007 and probably
earlier too but I joined sometime around those years...

/s