linux-assembly.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* how to disassembly a specified  section
@ 2013-03-18 14:52 ishare
From: ishare @ 2013-03-18 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-assembly

  I need to look up the disassembly  content of a section in an elf ?
  how to type that command ?

  thanks!

* Re: how to disassembly a specified section
@ 2013-03-18 15:31 ` Sofiane Akermoun
From: Sofiane Akermoun @ 2013-03-18 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ishare; +Cc: linux-assembly

Hello,

"readelf" is a tool for reading elf structure.
use "man readelf" or google it for full options.. there are a lots
(section headers, etc..)
For disassembling a specific section you can use objdump with the "-d"
for disassemble and "-j nameofthesection"
Else use a GUI tools like IDA.

regards,

Sofiane Akermoun
akersof@gmail.com

2013/3/18 ishare <june.tune.sea@gmail.com>:

>   I need to look up the disassembly  content of a section in an elf ?
>   how to type that command ?
>
>   thanks!

Sofiane AKERMOUN
akersof@gmail.com