linux-bcache.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Use NVDIMM in bcache
@ 2020-08-13  7:46 Coly Li
From: Coly Li @ 2020-08-13  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache; +Cc: Ren, Qiaowei, jianpeng.ma

Hi folk,

Using NVDIMM in bcache right now is on my working desk. Now Lenovo
supports me a SR650 server with Intel Apache Pass DIMM, and engineers
from Intel have interest to join the development, it is about time the
start this work.

The whole work devices into several steps,
1) A generic frame work in bcache to allocate/release NV-memory pages,
and provide allocated pages for each requestor after system reboot.
2) Store bcache internal btree nodes on NVDIMM name space.
3) Store bcache data bucket on NVDIMM name space.

All the NVDIMM usage method will be based on dax and libnvdimm code. In
very soon future we will start to post patches for code review and testing.

On bcache and bcache-tools tree, I will create a nvdimm-meta branch for
the development activities, and rebase the code time to time to follow
latest mainline kernel.

It will be an interesting work, and let's see how much fun we can gain
from the fantastic non-volatile memory.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Coly Li

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-13  7:46 UTC | newest]