linux-block.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.15-rc
@ 2017-11-30 21:14 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2017-11-30 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

Hi Linus,

A selection of fixes/changes that should make it into this series. This
pull request contains:

- NVMe, two merges, containing:
	- pci-e, rdma, and fc fixes
	- Device quirks

- Fix for a badblocks leak in null_blk

- Pull bcache fixes from Michael Lyle. Most important is a regression
  fix for a case where bcache could return the wrong data in some
  circumstances.

- Regression fix for blktrace for a bug introduced in this series.

- blktrace cleanup for cgroup id.

- bdi registration error handling.

- Small series with cleanups for blk-wbt.

- Various little fixes for typos and the like.

Nothing earth shattering, most important are the NVMe and bcache fixes.

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-linus

Colin Ian King (1):
      nvme: fix spelling mistake: "requeing" -> "requeuing"

David Disseldorp (1):
      null_blk: fix dev->badblocks leak

Huacai Chen (1):
      bcache: Fix building error on MIPS

Israel Rukshin (1):
      nvme-rdma: Use mr pool

James Smart (1):
      nvmet-fc: correct ref counting error when deferred rcv used

Jeff Lien (1):
      nvme-pci: add quirk for delay before CHK RDY for WDC SN200

Jens Axboe (4):
      Merge branch 'nvme-4.15' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme into for-linus
      nvme-fc: don't use bit masks for set/test_bit() numbers
      blktrace: fix trace mutex deadlock
      Merge branch 'nvme-4.15' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme into for-linus

Kai-Heng Feng (1):
      nvme-pci: disable APST on Samsung SSD 960 EVO + ASUS PRIME B350M-A

Keith Busch (2):
      nvme: Fix NULL dereference on reservation request
      nvme: Suppress static analyis warning

Marcos Paulo de Souza (1):
      blktrace: Use blk_trace_bio_get_cgid inside blk_add_trace_bio

Max Gurtovoy (1):
      nvme-rdma: fix memory leak during queue allocation

Michael Lyle (1):
      bcache: check return value of register_shrinker

Mikulas Patocka (1):
      block: remove useless assignment in bio_split

Minwoo Im (2):
      nvme-pci: avoid hmb desc array idx out-of-bound when hmmaxd set.
      nvme-pci: fix NULL pointer dereference in nvme_free_host_mem()

Randy Dunlap (1):
      block: genhd.c: fix message typo

Rui Hua (1):
      bcache: recover data from backing when data is clean

Sagi Grimberg (7):
      nvme-fabrics: introduce init command check for a queue that is not alive
      nvme-fc: check if queue is ready in queue_rq
      nvme-loop: check if queue is ready in queue_rq
      nvme-rdma: don't suppress send completions
      nvme-rdma: don't complete requests before a send work request has completed
      nvme-rdma: wait for local invalidation before completing a request
      nvme-rdma: Check remotely invalidated rkey matches our expected rkey

Tang Junhui (1):
      bcache: add a comment in journal bucket reading

weiping zhang (7):
      bdi: convert bdi_debug_register to int
      bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register
      block: add WARN_ON if bdi register fail
      blk-wbt: remove duplicated setting in wbt_init
      blk-sysfs: remove NULL pointer checking in queue_wb_lat_store
      blk-wbt: move wbt_clear_stat to common place in wbt_done
      blk-wbt: fix comments typo

 block/bio.c                   |   2 +-
 block/blk-sysfs.c             |   5 +-
 block/blk-wbt.c               |   7 +-
 block/genhd.c                 |   9 +-
 drivers/block/null_blk.c      |   5 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/alloc.c     |   2 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/btree.c     |   5 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/extents.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/journal.c   |   7 +-
 drivers/md/bcache/request.c   |  13 +--
 drivers/nvme/host/core.c      |  19 ++-
 drivers/nvme/host/fabrics.h   |  30 +++++
 drivers/nvme/host/fc.c        |  21 +++-
 drivers/nvme/host/multipath.c |   2 +-
 drivers/nvme/host/nvme.h      |   2 +-
 drivers/nvme/host/pci.c       |  17 ++-
 drivers/nvme/host/rdma.c      | 266 ++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 drivers/nvme/target/fc.c      |   9 +-
 drivers/nvme/target/loop.c    |  25 +++-
 include/uapi/linux/bcache.h   |   2 +-
 kernel/trace/blktrace.c       |  30 ++---
 mm/backing-dev.c              |  22 +++-

Jens Axboe

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.15-rc
@ 2017-11-30 21:58 ` Michael Lyle
From: Michael Lyle @ 2017-11-30 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe, Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

Hi Linus & Jens--

Just one small clarification:

On 11/30/2017 01:14 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
> - Pull bcache fixes from Michael Lyle. Most important is a regression
>   fix for a case where bcache could return the wrong data in some
>   circumstances.

The fix for the block-layer data corruption issue from NVMe multipath
work was already accepted in the previous pull.  The main fix in this
series is Rui Hua's fix for  a race condition regression where -EINTR
was returned to upper layers that didn't expect it.

Thanks,

Mike

* Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.15-rc
@ 2017-11-30 21:59   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2017-11-30 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Lyle, Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

On 11/30/2017 02:58 PM, Michael Lyle wrote:
> Hi Linus & Jens--
>
> Just one small clarification:
>
> On 11/30/2017 01:14 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> - Pull bcache fixes from Michael Lyle. Most important is a regression
>>   fix for a case where bcache could return the wrong data in some
>>   circumstances.
>
> The fix for the block-layer data corruption issue from NVMe multipath
> work was already accepted in the previous pull.  The main fix in this
> series is Rui Hua's fix for  a race condition regression where -EINTR
> was returned to upper layers that didn't expect it.

Ah yes, thanks for the clarification, I mixed those two up.

--
Jens Axboe

* [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.15-rc
@ 2017-12-21 17:53 Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2017-12-21 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-block

Hi Linus,

It's been a few weeks, so here's a small collection of fixes that
should go into the current series.

This pull request contains:

- NVMe pull request from Christoph, with a few important fixes.

- kyber hang fix from Omar.

- A blk-throttl fix from Shaohua, fixing a case where we double charge
  a bio.

- Two call_single_data alignment fixes from me, fixing up some unfortunate
  changes that went into 4.14 without being properly reviewed on the
  block side (since nobody was CC'ed on the patch...).

- A bounce buffer fix in two parts, one from me and one from Ming.

- Revert bdi debug error handling patch. It's causing boot issues for some
  folks, and a week down the line, we're still no closer to a fix. Revert
  this patch for now until it's figured out, then we can retry for 4.16.

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-linus

David Disseldorp (1):
      nvme: set discard_alignment to zero

James Smart (1):
      nvme-fc: remove double put reference if admin connect fails

Jens Axboe (5):
      Merge branch 'nvme-4.15' of git://git.infradead.org/nvme into for-linus
      block: fix blk_rq_append_bio
      block: unalign call_single_data in struct request
      null_blk: unalign call_single_data
      Revert "bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register"

Keith Busch (2):
      nvme: check hw sectors before setting chunk sectors
      nvme: setup streams after initializing namespace head

Ming Lei (2):
      nvme: call blk_integrity_unregister after queue is cleaned up
      block: don't let passthrough IO go into .make_request_fn()

Omar Sandoval (1):
      kyber: fix another domain token wait queue hang

Shaohua Li (1):
      block-throttle: avoid double charge

 block/bio.c                        |  2 ++
 block/blk-map.c                    | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 block/blk-throttle.c               |  8 +-------
 block/bounce.c                     |  6 ++++--
 block/kyber-iosched.c              | 37 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 drivers/block/null_blk.c           |  4 ++--
 drivers/nvme/host/core.c           | 11 ++++++-----
 drivers/nvme/host/fc.c             |  1 -
 drivers/scsi/osd/osd_initiator.c   |  4 +++-
 drivers/target/target_core_pscsi.c |  4 ++--
 include/linux/bio.h                |  2 ++
 include/linux/blk_types.h          |  9 ++++-----
 include/linux/blkdev.h             | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++----
 mm/backing-dev.c                   |  5 +----

Jens Axboe