linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Backporting BLE+MIDI plugin to bluez 5.43 ?
@ 2019-02-17 18:33 Mykle James Hansen
From: Mykle James Hansen @ 2019-02-17 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

I wonder if anyone here could advise me on a hack.  I’m trying
to set up a MIDI-over-BLE connection to a Bela-platform host,
which runs a specific linux distro that prefers bluez v5.43 .

However, it appears that MIDI-over-BLE was not added to bluez
until the very next point release, v5.44 .

For various reasons, it’s difficult for me to build bluez
from source for this host.  Upgrading the OS would introduce a lot
of work as well.

So, not knowing the bluez architecture at all, I wonder if it would
be feasible to somehow extract just the MIDI-plugin component
of the v5.44 release, and plug that into a 5.43 installation.

This would clearly be a hack, but if it’s feasible it would
save me a lot of time and work.  I just have no idea how to
do it.  I’ve heard that MIDI is implemented as a plugin in bluez;
that’s what makes me think this might not be totally implausible.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this,

-mykle-

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-02-17 18:40 UTC | newest]