linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* ManufacturerData while discovering
@ 2020-05-07 19:19 Luca Weiss
From: Luca Weiss @ 2020-05-07 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,
I've been trying to get frequent manufacturer data from advertisements from a
BLE device into an application of mine. Unfortunately it looks like I only get
new ManufacturerData about every 15 seconds while discovering/scanning. The
manufacturer data from the device changes frequently (at least once per
second) so I need updates to this data more frequently than the 15 seconds.

I couldn't find any reference on how I could achieve this in the documentation
so any help would be welcome.

Regards
Luca

* Re: ManufacturerData while discovering
@ 2020-05-07 19:57 ` Barry Byford
From: Barry Byford @ 2020-05-07 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2020-05-07 20:01 ` Barry Byford
From: Barry Byford @ 2020-05-07 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe this is a known behavior. Here is a link to where it has
been discussed previously on this mailing list:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-bluetooth&m=158225950522806