linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* setting random address on a bluetooth low-energy adapter
@ 2018-09-19 14:03 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2018-09-19 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth; +Cc: szymon.janc

Hi!

I'm trying to use PC (with usb dongle) as a bluetooth low-energy
device -- similar to heart rate sensor. But the device I'm trying to
emulate is using random address and its control software seems to
expect it.

Is there way to override the address / set the random address?
https://elinux.org/images/3/32/Doing_Bluetooth_Low_Energy_on_Linux.pdf
says patch might be needed...

Pointer to the patch would be welcome.

Thanks,
									Pavel

* Re: setting random address on a bluetooth low-energy adapter
@ 2018-09-19 14:41 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2018-09-19 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Szymon Janc

Hi Pavel,