linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Yet another counterfeit CSR device?
@ 2019-07-29  3:20 Andrey Batyiev
From: Andrey Batyiev @ 2019-07-29  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello everyone,

I have nontdescript usb bluetooth dongle with "V5.0" marking on it.
It claims to be CSR (0a12:0001) bluetooth dongle, but it has
nonfunctional "delete stored link key" command, so I think it is
counterfeit.

Futhermore, Linux kernel doesn't detect it as counterfeit
(in`btusb_setup_csr`), because the dongle reports following:

- From USB enumeration:
bcdDevice = 0x8891

- From Read Local Version HCI command:
Manufacturer = 0x000a (CSR)
HCI ver. = 4.0
HCI rev. = 2064
LMP ver. = 4.0
LMP subver. = 4114

So, Linux kernel fails to power up this dongle. Ok, so I've hacked
`btusb_setup_csr` routine to include this device too (it powers up
now), however GATT communication doesn't work (btmon should nothing =
no ATT exchanges except MTU setup).

Any ideas on what should I check to make this device work?

Thanks,
    Andrey