linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Is it possible to Switch off the 3Mbit/s EDR mode without disabling the 2Mbit/s EDR mode with Bluez?
@ 2019-03-04  6:10 Peter Wagner
From: Peter Wagner @ 2019-03-04  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

on a embedded device which is using the qca9377 BT chip I like to use
Bluetooth classic with the BR and EDR mode.
For some reason i have to ensure that the 8DPSK modulation type is not used.
For that reason i have to disable the ACL frame types 3-DH1, 3-DH3 and
3-DH5 on my embedded device. The mentioned ACL frame types above are
related to the 3Mbit/s EDR mode.
So my goal is to switch off the 3Mbit's EDR mode without disabling the
2Mbit's EDR mode.
I already tried to switch off this ACL frame types with the deprecated
hciconfig tool of Bluez version 5.50, but without success. (hciconfig
-a hci0 ptype DM1,DM3,DM5,DH1,DH3,DH5,2-DH1,2-DH3,2-DH5)
After a WireShark trace of the pairing process there was still the
"EDR ACL 3 Mbps Mode": flag "true" in the "Read Remote Supported
Features" response .
So is it possible to switch off the 3 Mbit/s EDR mode on the qca9377 BT-Chip?

Best regards,

Peter

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-04  6:10 UTC | newest]